A45 Front Disc at 9000 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With little opportunity for the dust to be liberated by air flow...

Interesting, but I'd have thought city cars may well be plagued by judder with a low mile and airflow operating conditions.

Revo, get some emery cloth or one of these

Brush Research RMFH120Z25 Flex-Hone Brake Rotor 120G Medium

I've used both in the past to remove deposits successfully but the judder did return shortly after.

I've used both in the past to remove deposits successfully but the judder did return shortly after.

Having said that, and with the prices of discs (when on offer) I'd not bother going through the hassle again.

I've only had one warped disc ever, and I've lots cars and big bikes. That disc was a Mintex replacement, it was supplied warped from new.
My guess is that your car had a damaged disc from new, from what you have described, you driving style would never have caused this. No build up of rust, resin or dust would cause a prolonged judder, the braking effect would soon clean the surface area.

My motorbike warps front discs for fun. Quality discs take more abuse without warping. The only discs I ever actually managed to wear out before they warped were proper EBC race-lite cast iron discs which were great. The only discs I have warped on any car have been through heavy braking before coming to a stop and holding the brake on. This will cause uneven cooling of the disc.

All seems a bit premature to me, my CLA45 has done 32k miles still on original pads and disks, and I have done 1 track day. Think I’d be querying WTF has happened to need them at 9k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom