• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Adblue delete for good no more errors

Every single one of my van driver friends have stretched themselves financially to replace D.I.Y fixable euro 4/5 vans for complex expensive euro 6s , none of them could afford a new one with warranty. All of them are now looking at the delete..

I guess they're intended to be run by companies from new for 3 years (under warranty), and then moved on as depreciated assets. It's a big problem thiough for small companies and private individuals who can't afford to do this and end up running older vehicles. Virtually all our friends (dog trainers/competitors) run vans, and even EU 4 ones (particularly those with DPFs) are bad enough. I'd happily have a petrol van - we only do about 10k miles a year in our Vito and I'd definitely take higher fuel costs in return for better reliability, particularly as it got older. VW did actually re-introduce a 2.0 petrol Transporter a couple of years back but it didn't last long.

An extreme case, no doubt:

"Pusey was found guilty following a trial of causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving a vehicle while uninsured and causing serious injury by dangerous driving... Matthew Farmer, prosecuting, said: 'The defendant was driving a dangerously modified car which rendered it uninsured and prone to sliding.' "

Not the same at all as deactivating or removing an emissions control system, agreed... BUT, personally, I don't mess about with insurers. Personal opinion.

I guess they're intended to be run by companies from new for 3 years (under warranty), and then moved on as depreciated assets. It's a big problem thiough for small companies and private individuals who can't afford to do this and end up running older vehicles...

The same concerns were rightly raised for EVs. My Hyundai EV came with 8 years warranty for the battery, so I'm fine, but somewhere further down the line someone will have to foot the bill for a new battery, or scrap the car.

I got nox sensors mapped out of one of the last glc 220 I had as mb had 6 mth waiting list on parts and the cost was scary. The guy mapped it out no more adblu car ran great with mpg slightly increased. I would do it again no problem but hard to get it mapped now as guy only done it as parts were not available at the time. Also mb told me to drive away at it while waiting on parts it would do no harm. Not sure this would have been true. Hence mapped out.
After the adblue removal did you have any issues with MOT or Service?

After the adblue removal did you have any issues with MOT or Service?
Never a problem not even if in with m b. They know it’s happening every day is what they told me.

Never a problem not even if in with m b. They know it’s happening every day is what they told me.
Would you suggest getting a removal? As long as it will pass MOT with deleting it then all good as some people say its illegal

Would you suggest getting a removal? As long as it will pass MOT with deleting it then all good as some people say its illegal
It is illegal, something that anyone who does not have one and has never had to stump up never ending amounts of cash to fix never get tired of repeating. (you all know them, the holier than thou people)
Mine's been done over two years ago, runs great, MOT's are not a problem, if I got fined £1000 tomorrow it's still probably a couple of thousand less than it would have cost me to keep the system in place.
My aim is to run it until it's worthless, if the MOT changed in the next few years meaning it would not pass, I'd scrap it and buy a petrol.

I would strongly advise against AdBlue delete (or any other modification, for that matter), on a car that you just bought and is still covered under the statutory warranty!

Get the supplying dealer to fix the problem, regardless of cost (to them), and only then consider your next move.

BTW, passing MOT and something being illegal aren't mutually exclusive.

The fact that an illegal modification can't be spotted during an MOT doesn't make it legal, only practical.

BTW, passing MOT and something being illegal aren't mutually exclusive.

The fact that an illegal modification can't be spotted during an MOT doesn't make it legal, only practical.
You mention practical, regardless of legalities, when you've paid almost £1000 to fix a problem only to be told 10 months later that it will cost another £2000 to fix it again, the only practical solution for many is to delete. Especially when there are still parts of the system yet to break down and will cost the same again in the next couple of years to replace. In an ideal world it would be illegal for car manufacturers to charge customers such obscene amounts of money to repair a system that is unfit for purpose, that is the real crime here.

You mention practical, regardless of legalities, when you've paid almost £1000 to fix a problem only to be told 10 months later that it will cost another £2000 to fix it again, the only practical solution for many is to delete. Especially when there are still parts of the system yet to break down and will cost the same again in the next couple of years to replace. In an ideal world it would be illegal for car manufacturers to charge customers such obscene amounts of money to repair a system that is unfit for purpose, that is the real crime here.

I'd just get rid of the car........

Either way, my comment was generic, people often confuse MOT and legality, it's not just an AdBlue delete issue.

We've had people on here claiming that their licence plate or headlamp conversion or DPF gutting etc etc wasn't illegal, because 'it passed the MOT'.

My point was that an illegal modification that isn't detected at the MOT doesn't become legal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom