Adding parktronic to 2018 b class w246

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pixeltin

Car
Merced B Class 2018 W246
hi all, new to the forum.

Mrs has bought a B Class 2018 W246 but in her hairs she did not check all the extras and it basically has none, I want to upgrade the halogens to LEDs eventually and add the partronics system.

does anybody know of a decent priced place to get this done in the UK or even perform the mod myself.

iv seen on eBay the front bumper loom, module, sensors, interior indicators but can’t find the rear loom and I’m also not sure of the labour involved in such a feet.

I have found one company in the UK but at nearly £2k I’m not sure that’s worth it

cheers

Have you tried to contact Command Online?
They will most likely be able to offer this.

If you want the original MB system it will cost you, new bumpers, control units and display units and associated looms.
Command so good systems with a good look and feel.

Unlikely that you will get Parktronic coded and up and running given MB are currently disabling it on as many cars as they can.

I’m no expert, but I’d imagine it’d be cheaper to just find a car with the options you want and trade in / buy that surely? Adding LED lights and parktronic feels like you could easily spend £4K and end up with a car worth no more...?

Unlikely that you will get Parktronic coded and up and running given MB are currently disabling it on as many cars as they can.
But parktronic is just the parking sensors surely, not the active park assist.

But parktronic is just the parking sensors surely, not the active park assist.
Doh, my bad😐 thxs for pointing it out. Old(ish) bloke gets confused. Nothing to see now, move along there😅

I had many bits retrofitted by Comand UK, and while they have done on all occasions a stellar job, it would have been cheaper for me if I could find a car with all the options I wanted already fitted from the factory. Sadly it's unavoidable, because some of the retrofits are very labour-intensive, and the genuine MB parts aren't cheap either.

Last edited:
Parktronic can be retrofitted if the looms are available. There are more than just the front and rear looms though. Certainly on some models the front and rear looms are available but the main loom isnt!

You dont need new bumpers. You can drill the existing ones as they are often marked on the rear where the holes would be.

The sensors themselves are over £100 each and you will need 10 or 12 depending on the model. So there is over £1000 of the cost already. Looms, control module and a days labour at least and you are up to £2,000 easily.

We are fitting genuine parktronic to my SLC soon 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom