Advice on buying a used CLA45?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think a shooting brake though is less likely to be completely abused like the A45 models which are the boy racer choice of the 45 range

You'll get two years AMG warranty, but I'm pretty certain that you do not get a service plan aswell
Sorry, did not explain myself clearly, I would pay for the service plan as then there would not be any unexpected bills, servicing all sorted and 2 years warranty for any problems. You may be able to get a deal on the plan as a sweetener to purchase the car

kc

Sorry, did not explain myself clearly, I would pay for the service plan as then there would not be any unexpected bills, servicing all sorted and 2 years warranty for any problems. You may be able to get a deal on the plan as a sweetener to purchase the car

kc
OK I understand. I'd definitely recommend getting a service plan

If you buy from a MB dealer you get 2 years full warranty and then have a service plan

kc
The Mercedes Approved Used website only states 1 year unlimited warranty on all the cars I’ve looked at recently.

The Mercedes Approved Used website only states 1 year unlimited warranty on all the cars I’ve looked at recently.

That confused me as one I saw for sale advertises 2 year warranty but on the Mercedes site it says 1 year. I will contact them by chat to clarify, it might be AMG engines get the 2 year but MB engines get 1?

I believe the clunking is simply the cold tyre side walls hopping due to geometry. My AWD AMG did that and actually even my rwd c63s did that at full lock in the winter but not as bad as the AWD one.

Btw for OP , I dont know how keen you are on a cla but there's some cracking V8 AMGs on the market right now...

I think I am set on the CLA now, I was looking at the C63 but once I weighed up the running costs etc. the CLA came out on top for me as it will be my car for work too and I travel to different places of work. It will still cost a reasonable amount more to run than my A3 but will get a big performance improvement and more space even if the interior isn't up to the same standard as a lot of other MBs.

Be careful buying one. Most get driven very very hard.

That was one of my worries, but I can't justify buying new so thought if I get one with a full service history, not too high mileage and preferably warranty then I'm limiting risk. This is part of the reason I have avoided any with mods!

That confused me as one I saw for sale advertises 2 year warranty but on the Mercedes site it says 1 year. I will contact them by chat to clarify, it might be AMG engines get the 2 year but MB engines get 1?
That used to be the case. People have posted on BClub before though that they only received a one year warranty with their approved used AMG, so worth checking.

That used to be the case. People have posted on BClub before though that they only received a one year warranty with their approved used AMG, so worth checking.

I just spoke to Mercedes using their online chat and they confirmed approved used is 1 year as standard however if a dealership advertises 2 years then it will be 2 years for that car.

I just spoke to Mercedes using their online chat and they confirmed approved used is 1 year as standard however if a dealership advertises 2 years then it will be 2 years for that car.
Which dealership is it?

Excellent and apologies if this is a silly question but are you looking at the previous model or the current range?

Excellent and apologies if this is a silly question but are you looking at the previous model or the current range?

I am looking for CLA45 Shooting Brake with 376-381 power as I read the 355bhp models had some issues which were fixed with the higher power models that came late 2015 onwards.

I am looking for CLA45 Shooting Brake with 376-381 power as I read the 355bhp models had some issues which were fixed with the higher power models that came late 2015 onwards.
Okay gotcha, yeah if you go post 2016 or even facelift if the budget allows, you've got a quick AWD vehicle. If you can get the dynamic suspension option it would help

Out of curiosity , would you consider a c43 estate instead , facelift ? The c43 is far nicer as a vehicle but I'll admit the 45 is more raw and vicious and sounds more ASBO which I like and handles better.

Okay gotcha, yeah if you go post 2016 or even facelift if the budget allows, you've got a quick AWD vehicle. If you can get the dynamic suspension option it would help

Out of curiosity , would you consider a c43 estate instead , facelift ? The c43 is far nicer as a vehicle but I'll admit the 45 is more raw and vicious and sounds more ASBO which I like and handles better.
It depends how much time you will spend “wafting”, ie soak up the miles with minimum fuss, and how much time you will spend at “ten-truths”.

The 45 models are absolutely fantastic but in my experience they demand to be driven, and so you end up really having to “drive” the car whether you want to or not!

I find the 43 models are less engaging when at ten-tenths, but the positive trade of is that it’a able to waft in a relatively relaxed and comfortable way.

I find most 63 models have the same kind of split personality as the 43 models, but with the dials turned up a little bit further on performance and drama.

If you intended to be fully immersed all the time, then the 45 would be a better choice. But if sometimes you just want to cruise home from work then go for the 43 👍🏻

It depends how much time you will spend “wafting”, ie soak up the miles with minimum fuss, and how much time you will spend at “ten-truths”.

The 45 models are absolutely fantastic but in my experience they demand to be driven, and so you end up really having to “drive” the car whether you want to or not!

I find the 43 models are less engaging when at ten-tenths, but the positive trade of is that it’a able to waft in a relatively relaxed and comfortable way.

I find most 63 models have the same kind of split personality as the 43 models, but with the dials turned up a little bit further on performance and drama.

If you intended to be fully immersed all the time, then the 45 would be a better choice. But if sometimes you just want to cruise home from work then go for the 43 👍🏻

Based on what you both just said and my research, I think the 45 is the right choice for me at this point :)

Dundee (Arnold Clark)
Got mine from Dundee and it came with a 2 year warranty….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom