• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Advies

Jacco

Car
W203 kompressor
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and thanks for the welcome. I want some advice. I currently have a C200 supercharged 2001 with an m111 engine, but I want to get an E class, and I'm stuck between several cars. W211 2003. It's a 500 with an engine m113 , E350 diesel w212/w213 with om642 engine (2013-2018).Also what do you think about the new 6 cylinder inline m256 petrol , and om 656 diesel engines. Tell me which of the listed is the strongest and problem-free, such as engine, gearbox, quality - materials. Thanks in advance.I would be very grateful if you could explain me in detail please. I drive about 60 thousand kilometers a year. Which E class is the best choice in the long run, thank you.

The only engine I have experience of is the M113. Absolutely bombproof reliability but...........
If you are driving 60kms a year, avoid the 500 M113. You'll be spending a fortune on fuel.

Also, a 2003 W211 is ready for all kinds of wear and tear items needing attention. The SBS brake pump for example.
Try and get a much later car.

The only engine I have experience of is the M113. Absolutely bombproof reliability but...........
If you are driving 60kms a year, avoid the 500 M113. You'll be spending a fortune on fuel.

Also, a 2003 W211 is ready for all kinds of wear and tear items needing attention. The SBS brake pump for example.
Try and get a much later car.
Are m113 and m113K the same engine, and what are the differences

Are m113 and m113K the same engine, and what are the differences
The M113k is the supercharged version of the M113.
There are differences as its not just a case of bolting on a supercharger to an M113.
I think the compression ratios are different for a start but there's much more than that.
Intercooler, intercooler pump, different wiring harnesses, there's lots different between the E500 (m113) and the E55(m113k)

I had an M113k. great engine but extremely thirsty. 24mpg on a run if you are very lucky. 13-17 around town.

M113k е версията с компресор на M113.
Има разлики, тъй като това не е просто случай на завинтване на компресор към M113.
Мисля, че съотношенията на компресия са различни като начало, но има много повече от това.
Интеркулер, помпа за междинен охладител, различни кабелни снопове, има много разлики между E500 (m113) и E55 (m113k)

Имах M113k. страхотен двигател, но изключително жаден. 24mpg при движение, ако имате голям късмет. 13-17 из град

There are differences as its not just a case of bolting on a supercharger to an M113.
I think the compression ratios are different for a start but there's much more than that.
Intercooler, intercooler pump, different wiring harnesses, there's lots different between the E500 (m113) and the E55(m113k)

I had an M113k. great engine but extremely thirsty. 24mpg on a run if you are very lucky. 13-17 around town

I had an M113k. great engine but extremely thirsty. 24mpg on a run if you are very lucky. 13-17 around town.
Thank you

Beware early W211 cars with potential rust issues (especially under the car).

Beware late w213 models with the dreaded AdBlue system.

Anything in between the two is fine...

From which year is it best to look at w212 or 213 and is the om 642 engine reliable for daily use ,and if I fix the oil cooler problems ,Is it good in the long run .thanks.

What do you think about the new OM656 diesel or m256 gasoline engines for six-cylinder rows? Are they stronger and more reliable or not.

What do you think about the new OM656 diesel or m256 gasoline engines for six-cylinder rows? Are they stronger and more reliable or not.

I would rule out the OM656 simply because of the AdBlue system.

The M256 is a straight-six Turbo engine, which is fine, however you may struggle to find them because the previous decade was the golden age of Diesel and relatively few petrol W212/W213 were sold (other than early W212 with the 'doomed' M271 4-cyl petrol engine).

I would rule out the OM656 simply because of the AdBlue system.

The M256 is a straight-six Turbo engine, which is fine, however you may struggle to find them because the previous decade was the golden age of Diesel and relatively few petrol W212/W213 were sold (other than early W212 with the 'doomed' M271 4-cyl petrol engine).
So I look at om642 E 350 w212/213 that they are reliable right? And from which year, to which?

Best just to buy a BMW 5 series Diesel instead job done :banana:

Don’t they suffer adblue and Nox issues as well ?
Not heard of any but certainly less things to go wrong compared to a merc, straight 6 diesels are bullit proof regardless of the Police vehicles the ZF gearbox is far more reliable than the merc auto box and they certainly dont rust underneath like mercs, as stated there are so many reasons not to buy one, but end of day its your money your choice

Not heard of any but certainly less things to go wrong compared to a merc, straight 6 diesels are bullit proof regardless of the Police vehicles the ZF gearbox is far more reliable than the merc auto box and they certainly dont rust underneath like mercs, as stated there are so many reasons not to buy one, but end of day its your money your choice
I’ll stick them on my list . Cheers buddy .

You mean BMW's B57 6-cylinder in-line diesel engine, right? With a ZF gearbox, it creates less problems in general than Mercedes, is that what you mean.

You mean BMW's B57 6-cylinder in-line diesel engine, right? With a ZF gearbox, it creates less problems in general than Mercedes, is that what you mean.
Yes or even the earlier N57 reliable, great MPG and powerful

Yes or even the earlier N57 reliable, great MPG and powerful
I didn't know that BMW made such good and reliable engines. Useful information. I might look. We are Mercedes fans here, but at the end of the day, everyone is looking for a reliable and sturdy trouble-free car. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom