• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Air filter date??

Darragh1

Hi all. Re:- e250 2010
Please see attached. I took out my engine air filter to see its condition just in case it is contributing to my Om651's many fold problems which i might need to detail on here in rhw near future.
1. Is this a 20th of September 2011 air filter?
2. How does it look?
3. Your gut feeling: In its current condition, how likely would it be the cause of an intermittent jolt on acceleration and rev counter uneveness?
I will change it during the week.
Thanks for reading,
D.

Attachments

• IMG-20231022-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20231022-WA0001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20231022-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20231022-WA0000.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20231022-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231022-WA0003.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20231022-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231022-WA0002.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 26
Looks very much like mine which was changed a couple of weeks ago, garage told me it had never been changed before (2016 car!) Car still ran great, not noticed any improvement with the new filter in.

Looks very much like mine which was changed a couple of weeks ago, garage told me it had never been changed before (2016 car!) Car still ran great, not noticed any improvement with the new filter in.
Mine is 2010!!! Thanks for the reply.

That's more likely to be a 2020 filter noted by the 20 at the beginning. My filter is labelled 201105 and changed in 2021 Apparently first two numbers dictate the year.

Keep in mind that that's just the manufacturing date of the filter.

There's no way of knowing when it was actually fitted to the car (unless you had the car from new). It may have been lying on a shelf in a box gathering dust for a few years before it was fitted to the car.

If you bought the car second hand, then in theory it could have been fitted the day before you bought it.....

Stock air filters in stock cars in the UK have very little work to do . Their job is important , but not as much as important if fitted to the exact same filter fitted to exact same car in Dubai/Arizona etc.

Stick to stock filters and normal service intervals and all will be OK.

That's more likely to be a 2020 filter noted by the 20 at the beginning. My filter is labelled 201105 and changed in 2021 Apparently first two numbers dictate the year.
If the filter is 2020 it is eliminated as the cause of the symptoms my car is exhibiting, but that is for another post.
Thanks very much.

Stock air filters in stock cars in the UK have very little work to do . Their job is important , but not as much as important if fitted to the exact same filter fitted to exact same car in Dubai/Arizona etc.

Stick to stock filters and normal service intervals and all will be OK.
Volcanic ash, remember driving my VW in late 1950S after around 10 miles the oil bath air filter was blocked with ash and had to scoop out near solid oil and refill.

If the filter is 2020 it is eliminated as the cause of the symptoms my car is exhibiting, but that is for another post.
Thanks very much.
Looking at an old filter picture , manufacturers display the date in different orders , this pic of MB vs Bosch , the year is at the start of one and the end of another .
So you can’t be sure of your filter date yet ?
IMG_1085.jpeg

Looking at an old filter picture , manufacturers display the date in different orders , this pic of MB vs Bosch , the year is at the start of one and the end of another .
So you can’t be sure of your filter date yet ?
View attachment 148531

It only applies to the MANN / MB filters really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom