• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Alloy colour original?

jinsole

Car
Mercedes E350 Bluetec Coupe
Hi Everyone.
I’m looking to have my alloys refurbed. They are AMG DOUBLE-SPOKE WHEELS 18" for a Mercedes E class coupe (2015).
The refurb company is asking me if this is an original colour alloy that came with thE car. I habe no idea and can’t see this on the spec sheet. Does anyone happen to know the details of this particular colour or where I could find it?
thanks.
IMG_3714.jpeg

That looks like Himalaya Grey but its not an original finish if they are genuine E class couple alloys.
They look like these, with a Himalaya Grey finish all over.

Thanks everyone. If they’re not original design then I may as well embrace it and have them completely redone rather than touched up.

It may be that the face couldn’t be diamond cut again, as too much material had already been removed in previous refurbishments, so they painted the whee all over.

Wheels cut down to the centre cap often deteriorate around the cap first - as soon as the cap is fitted it damages the lacquer on the cut face and it’s down hill from there.

Some wheel refurbishers will mask up and paint the faces silver to create the two tone look of diamond cut wheels but of course that will cost more than one colour.

Best to get them painted you can choose what colour,the problem with diamond cut is they are lacqured and after a while salt and water get under and they look horrible,nothing wrong with that grey you bought the car with them fitted but suggest you dont go for orange or bright green:rolleyes:

I’m definitely a more keep original kind of guy. So I’d rather just get them done to a Merc colour. Ideally I’d prefer to just find out for certain if they are Himalayan grey and then just get them repaired. It’s mainly the rims that are scuffed. The paint isn’t peeling anywhere. Just my awful parking ability.

I’m definitely a more keep original kind of guy. So I’d rather just get them done to a Merc colour. Ideally I’d prefer to just find out for certain if they are Himalayan grey and then just get them repaired. It’s mainly the rims that are scuffed. The paint isn’t peeling anywhere. Just my awful parking ability.
When those wheels were new the painted sections would have been Himalaya Grey (with the faces diamond cut as previously mentioned).

I have these wheels on the same car.

My advice:
Either full powder coat in the colour of your choice, maybe shadow chrome or hyper silver.

Or if looking for the two tone diamond cut effect, get it painted that way instead of getting the diamond cut

I’m leaning towards powder coating in one colour. Probably Himalaya grey as I like the look of the wheels as they are, if that’s definitely the colour they have been painted. I’ll see what else would go well with the silver though and keep my options open. Nothing bling.
Thank you everyone for your help.

I’m leaning towards powder coating in one colour. Probably Himalaya grey as I like the look of the wheels as they are, if that’s definitely the colour they have been painted. I’ll see what else would go well with the silver though and keep my options open. Nothing bling.
Thank you everyone for your help.
To me, they look a touch too dark to be Himalaya Grey, but it’s difficult to be conclusive from a photo. The colour is almost certainly whichever grey that the last refurbisher had on the shelf, rather than the correct Himalaya Grey. If you like a darker grey, then just ask the refurbished, they should be able oblige, or another will.

I do like the current colour but am open to other greys. I’ll see what the refurb says. Want it to keep the classy look of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom