AMG A35 Broken Diffuser Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dylan7777

Car
AMG A35
Hi there guys,

Glad to have finally registered to the forum.
I’ve recently received my first AMG A35 premium + Styling pack (first AMG for me) and unfortunately today while driving up a over a speed bump, my diffuser broker in half and the bumper has moved a little bit (see pictures below). I’ve had the car for 3 months and seem to have constant bad luck, I first hit a fox on the motorway on the way to the Train channel this summer (new front bumper was placed in France) just a 4 weeks after picking up the car from dealership and now my whole rear bumper and diffuser is cut in half (almost).
I was wondering if you guys could guide on how I could purchase a new rear diffuser and where I could find them as I didn’t have much luck searching on Google, I mostly found Ebay stuff which do not correspond to my car. I do not want to make an insurance claim as I’m only 22 and my yearly premium is already quite high. Thanks a lot guys for helping out on this ✌️

Attachments

• 8A85D9A9-BC1F-4E50-9D2D-44786C1BEB2F.jpeg
    8A85D9A9-BC1F-4E50-9D2D-44786C1BEB2F.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 0784A2FB-840E-49F9-86D8-1279C344FEA1.jpeg
    0784A2FB-840E-49F9-86D8-1279C344FEA1.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to the forum Dylan:thumb:

I don't think you have much choice other than to buy from the main dealer.
That was an expensive road hump!:(

Welcome to the forum Dylan:thumb:

I don't think you have much choice other than to buy from the main dealer.
That was an expensive road hump!:(

Thanks a lot man for your fast reply, will definitely head over to Mercedes and ask them for a quote. My next car will definitely be a 4x4. GLC63 maybe 🤪

You could try a good local Bodyshop and ask if they could repair it - even if they have to bond it on with tigerseal ?

Welcome, Dylan, bit of bad luck your having with ya car, apart from that though lovely motor. :) 👍

Hey guys just a quick update,

I’ve been away from the country for over a month so the car was sitting in my Garage broken, I have finally fixed everything 😁

In a body shop in Lyon, France. Why so far away? Because, the owner of the garage is a really good friend of my family and helped us out on many occasions in the past and for half price (Mercedes approved bodyshop garage quoted my £4K)

also I did not want to put an insurance claim for it (think I mentioned it in the post 🤔)

Anyways it’s all repaired and up for sell 😁

Attachments

• 92C00E4D-EF09-46A7-8A46-016807EA970C.jpeg
    92C00E4D-EF09-46A7-8A46-016807EA970C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
You could try a good local Bodyshop and ask if they could repair it - even if they have to bond it on with tigerseal ?
I actually taped it all up with very strong tape and drove the 600miles journey to fix it 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom