AMG DOOR PIN

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrDods

Car
Mercedes C63
I’m after a AMG door pin for my 2009 c63 can anyone help me out
Cheers Craig

Hard to locate single as normally sold in pairs, 4's etc..
Cheapest I could see quickly but sure I paid not much more than that for a pair, a couple of years ago.

Hard to locate single as normally sold in pairs, 4's etc..
Cheapest I could see quickly but sure I paid not much more than that for a pair, a couple of years ago.
Thank you mate

£44 for one door pin!!

AMG Tax :)
For that price you can proably get 4 plain brushed alu ones without the small logo. Just as nice, better than the plastic oem ones anyway.

How to find an OEM alu ones that are not OEM? Do they exist? Like I would like to add alu door pins for my C257 but I can find only the AMG ones. The car is not an AMG thus I would avoid adding AMG things around, so I would love to have alu ones but not AMG....

Just search for Mercedes chrome door pins on ebay, there are a few without the AMG logo.

So why has my 2014 C63 coupe (w204) not come with AMG door pins, and rather has extremely horrible cheap black plastic ones?

They are an oem accessory part you can purchase plus there are lots of cheaper copies.
Pretty sure all w204's came with plastic pins.

So why has my 2014 C63 coupe (w204) not come with AMG door pins, and rather has extremely horrible cheap black plastic ones?
Because that’s what all C-Classes came with at the time. You can replace them with the official AMG accessory if you wish.

How to find an OEM alu ones that are not OEM? Do they exist? Like I would like to add alu door pins for my C257 but I can find only the AMG ones. The car is not an AMG thus I would avoid adding AMG things around, so I would love to have alu ones but not AMG....
Speak to your Mercedes main dealer parts counter. They’re available for some models - slightly different design to the official AMG accessory door pins, not just the logo - and ironically standard on the AMG GT.

Here they are; but they may be less expensive from the main dealer. Check your model for compatibility:

I see I see! Didn't realise they were for sale as accessories. Makes perfect sense now.

Decided to take a punt on these for the grand sum of £6. If they're rubbish then all I've simply wasted is the cost of a couple of coffees! Surely can't be worse than the awful black plastic ones fitted currently. A shame as my friend's 2012 SLK55 comes with lovely matte aluminium ones.

Speaking of cheap Chinese tat, I bought one of these a year ago off eBay for the COMAND controller, and for £11 it couldn't be better. Actually feels like pretty good quality metal, and is still going strong a year later:

Attachments

• 20170507_182928_resized_afb977a56ef24c8a49c4daf84bf9d889148da7f6.jpg
    20170507_182928_resized_afb977a56ef24c8a49c4daf84bf9d889148da7f6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom