• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG GTR seatbelts - can anyone help or point in the right direction please

Yex

SUPPORTER
Car
Hell Green AMG GTR, Range Rover Evoque P250 MHEV
My GTR needs both seatbelts replaced according to the main dealer based on the stored messages on the screen. The initial presafe "hug" no longer happens and appears to have impacted the distance pilot function as well.

The diagnosis was done about 5 weeks ago and I was told 3-5 days delivery on the parts. I chased up over a week later and was told it would be another 2 weeks and that deadline was over three weeks ago now. The main dealer does not have any idea when the parts will be sent to them and MB Customer Services are doing their usual service of providing no response whatsoever to polite emails enquiring about issues in the supply chain that my main dealer and myself should be made aware of.

Can anyone recommend a dealer or good Indie in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk or Cambridgeshire who would be able to locate and fit the parts for me ASAP please.

Car is a February 2018 AMG GTR with the dinamica interior and needs the belts to be in yellow.

TIA - frustrated with all things MB in North Essex

Can recommend a dealer but , far from being an expert in such things , i would find it strange that both seatbelts became defective at the same time ?

Is it a common issue with the GTR ? , if not i would be seeking a second opinion as apart from the safety side of things i imagine it would be a small fortune for the parts unless it was still under AUC warranty.

K

Cheers Kenny, the seatbelts do appear to be an issue/regular item on the AMG GT group I am a member of. Several owners of a whole variety of GT's models have had seatbelts replaced over their years of ownership it appears.

Price wise they aren't too bad with the dealer quoting £585 to replace the driver's side at initial diagnosis, with the passenger one then deciding to give up the ghost a few days later.

LOL.....your idea or "not too bad"....is a little different to mine!! Near on £1200 for two seatbelts.....?

True.....but in reality that belt probably cost the same to make as the rep mobile C Class version.........AMG tax.

Latest update.......I dropped into dealer this morning on way back from tyre fitters. The main dealer has one belt kit, but not the second. The computer system cannot tell them when the other one will be delivered and they will call me when it eventually arrives.

So, time to put the GTR away for a little while and get the Cooper S Works out for some fun :cool:

Cooper 500.jpg

Latest update.......I dropped into dealer this morning on way back from tyre fitters. The main dealer has one belt kit, but not the second. The computer system cannot tell them when the other one will be delivered and they will call me when it eventually arrives.

So, time to put the GTR away for a little while and get the Cooper S Works out for some fun :cool:

View attachment 141005
Ooh is that a 500 Works? You can’t beat a proper mini.

My SIL on Guernsey has one almost the same although not a 500. Rust has been a real issue but I think being on Guernsey doesn’t help - they’ve spent about £7k on it, it was borderline worth going for a heritage shell.

I love minis but strangely have never owned one. My dad had a Radford Cooper S into the early ‘70’s, and his friend used to own one of Paddy Hopkirks Works cars, the Tulip Rally winner. I had a go in it, amazing thing.

Yep, number 192 of the last 500 original Spec Mini's off the line before BMW took over. It was a standard Cooper at production but the first owner took it to John Cooper Garages for the S Works upgrade when it was 1 year old.

It's great entertainment, has full history from day 1 including the original sales invoice and is believed to be the only 500 model with a Wood & Pickett sliding steel sunroof.

You really don't want to look at this link for the values of Radford cars now...........

Yep, number 192 of the last 500 original Spec Mini's off the line before BMW took over. It was a standard Cooper at production but the first owner took it to John Cooper Garages for the S Works upgrade when it was 1 year old.

It's great entertainment, has full history from day 1 including the original sales invoice and is believed to be the only 500 model with a Wood & Pickett sliding steel sunroof.

You really don't want to look at this link for the values of Radford cars now...........

Fantastic! Yes Radfords are top money now. Dads was a strange one - it didn’t have the hatchback but had twin tanks, Radford interior and a Works engine. Apparently the chaps from Coopers in Surbiton often had to come out to my dad in Molesey to fiddle with it, as it was so temperamental! It was a fantastic aubergine colour, sadly not many photos exist. When I came along he traded it for a Landcrab!

I always lusted after an Avonbar 1340 with a Jack Knight 5 speed box!

Just to provide a little update on this. I emailed MB Customer Service to see if anyone actually monitored their inbox and could offer any insight to the issue I have. I actually received a reply in 4 days that advised me the missing seatbelt would be delivered to their Global Logistics Centre on June 1st and would then take a further 3-5 working days to get through the system and out to my Main Dealer.

The only downside to this is I am on holiday for the last two weeks of June when the part will realistically arrive and so the car won't be fully repaired until early July.

Watch this space.

View attachment 141005
Cracking. 😎
Always been a big fan and had a few, not anything quite that special but did buy the wife a Mary Quant Designer model in 1990 if I remember correctly. Handle like nothing else and as said huge fun. 👍👍
PS. The latest incarnation is just as much fun. 😉

Reactions: Yex
Just to provide a little update on this. I emailed MB Customer Service to see if anyone actually monitored their inbox and could offer any insight to the issue I have. I actually received a reply in 4 days that advised me the missing seatbelt would be delivered to their Global Logistics Centre on June 1st and would then take a further 3-5 working days to get through the system and out to my Main Dealer.

The only downside to this is I am on holiday for the last two weeks of June when the part will realistically arrive and so the car won't be fully repaired until early July.

Watch this space.
Ask the dealer to VOR the part from Germany. This service takes one day ;-). Ive used it many many times.

Reactions: Yex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom