• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Am I alone in this or do you guys do the same thing?

@ALFAitalia i took this pic the other day and a genuine xenon headlamp, the light output looked the same as they do on the SLK now

I’ve been using the SLK daily the past week and I have to say, the V6 sounds great! I thought it might feel slow but for its size, the V6 has just enough power.

Not putting the SLK down but what a difference there is between the SLK and the S classes! I appreciate the S classes even more now. Sometimes you get used to a cars performance, it’s looks but jumping in the S65 after driving the SLK, they couldn’t feel any different.

For what it is, it’s a lovely car but I’m not sure how long I will keep this. It should be a nice car for a Europe trip but after that, I don’t think I’d want a convertible in the UK even though it looks quite nice with the roof down. We just don’t seem to have the weather for convertibles

Personally I think we have the perfect climate for convertibles here....which is why we had our SLK for about 10 years!.....and why we are a big market for them....rarely too hot to have the roof down (unlike southern Europe)....rarely too cold either (unlike far northern Europe) apart from the coldest/wettest months....as long as its not raining its roof down, heating on full blast and enjoy.....roof down on a cold January day certainly wakes you up!! I realise I live right on the near tropical South coast and it might be a bit difference if you live in the arctic wasteland that is anywhere north of Watford......!!! 😄

EDIT......apparently we are actually Europe's biggest market for convertibles......

Needs a plate!

How is MR OCD not the owner of this plate anyway?

IMG_7400.jpeg

Personally I think we have the perfect climate for convertibles here....which is why we had our SLK for about 10 years!.....and why we are a big market for them....rarely too hot to have the roof down (unlike southern Europe)....rarely too cold either (unlike far northern Europe) apart from the coldest/wettest months....as long as its not raining its roof down, heating on full blast and enjoy.....roof down on a cold January day certainly wakes you up!! I realise I live right on the near tropical South coast and it might be a bit difference if you live in the arctic wasteland that is anywhere north of Watford......!!! 😄

EDIT......apparently we are actually Europe's biggest market for convertibles......

It might just be me that doesn't like convertible as much as I used to.
I've owned one convertible car before the SLK and I had this for 10 years. It was my first sports car and my first BMW. E46 M3
I loved that car but after I sold it, I thought that convertible was enough for me. My fav shapes are coupe and saloon cars only

Needs a plate!

How is MR OCD not the owner of this plate anyway?

View attachment 156850

😆

I was thinking of getting this one Buy Now VI 6 OCD and spacced out exactly how I like them..... illegally 🤣

Once I got up to 20 cars, I started to maintain a spreadsheet. When I got to 60 cars, I stopped maintaining the spreadsheet because it was too depressing. My advice is to keep it under 10.

Hello everyone,

I need some reassurance that I’m not alone in this and you guys also do this sort of thing?

It seems like I just can’t help myself when it comes to cars and end up buying something I don’t need!

I never thought I’d own a car that I recently bought as it’s never been the sort of car I have been interested in buying before but somehow I ended up with one!

Recently I met my friends father in law and as we started chatting next to his car, I thought I’d be nice and compliment the car he came with which was a Mercedes SLK. I said nice car and this is where I should have stopped but the sentence seemed too short so I said, “ Nice car, you want to sell it to me? “ Why I asked if he would sell the car to me, I don’t know. It just seemed like the right thing to say at that moment :rolleyes:

He replied by saying he’s actually thinking of selling the car as he doesn’t drive it much.

I couldn’t back down now so I said I’m happy to make him an offer once I actually see what they sell for as I had no idea what these cars are worth 😂

On that same day, I ended up buying an SLK280. A car that I have no need for but as days have gone by I seem to like the car more and more. Now I really like the body shape and the lines of this car.
The front end reminds me of the SLR ( just a slightly cheaper car the SLK 😂 )

The V6 sounds nice and for a car that is this small, the 3.0l is good size engine with a good amount of power.
I can only imagine how much fun the SLK55 AMG must be!

The car has had just two owners and it’s done only 60k miles.

I was told that it’s a 10th anniversary car?
It’s got the AMG body kit. Nice looking 18’s with new Continental tyres all around.
It has red seatbelts and red stitching on the seats, steering wheel and the gear stick.

After buying the car, I booked in at Mercedes in Beaconsfield for a health check as there’s a recall for the car ( drivers air bag ). Mercedes called me later on that day to say that the car is in excellent condition apart from having a cracked rear subframe and they said they would be changing the subframe as a goodwill gesture. Who can say no to such an offer!!

I’ve always had good experience with this dealership as I’ve been going there a lot of times buying parts for the S classes starting with my first one the S600.

I was told I will need to pay for bolts, washers and the maximum it would cost me would be around £260. I told them I was happy with that.

A few days later the car was ready and when I went to pick the car up, they showed me that the total price was just over £4400 😳. Nice of Mercedes to cover that!

They also said I wouldn’t need to pay for the bolts, washers as the car has such good service records and it’s been looked after so well that Mercedes covered all the cost.

Here is the car parked outside Mercedes when I went to drop it off for the health check.

Some other pic’s

While I was there, I ordered a service kit, engine oil, air filters, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant levelling sensor. The only thing I didn’t get from Mercedes was the pollen filter.

It’s a very clean car underneath.

Spark plugs torqued to the correct spec

Service, MOT, road tax and insurance were done this week and now I need to find some time to start driving it.
Lucky so and so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom