• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

anyone ordered discs/pads from germany via ebay??

My AUTODOC invoice for less that £200 a few months ago. Nothing else to pay.

All that matters from a VAT & duty POV is where the goods shipped to you from. In this case you were charged UK VAT on the order (even though it was over the £135 threshold), so it was presumably dispatched from a UK warehouse. The sports store Decathlon (which is French) definitely does this - moving stock from a European warehouse to fulfil online orders from their '.co.uk' website. If they sent directly from the warehouse you'd be liable for VAT and duty on arrival (if the order was £135+), even though you'd purchased from a "uk" website.

Returns are a nightmare; for my sins part of my work remit is arrange RMA goods to go back the the States. Getting the electronic 'paperwork' right these days is a total PITA. Get it wrong and as you say customs want to treat it as an export and or re-import.
And don't start me on Harmonised System Codes :mad::wallbash:

In 2022 I ordered something for my tractor from a .co.uk website. I knew the company was Italian and I'd likely have to pay VAT etc. (totalling approx. £120) which was fine, but "post-Brexit" despite being a private individual rather than a company I ended up having to apply for a UK Govt. Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number first. Then I had to appoint a customs broker at Heathrow to act on my behalf. All sorts of forms to fill in, which luckily they were very helpful with as I had no idea about much of the terminology (Postponed VAT accounting, GB Market Free Circulation, EU/UK preferential tariff treatment, etc. etc.). The process took over a month in total but we got there in the end (the big orange thing):

capture.JPG

In 2022 I ordered something for my tractor from a .co.uk website. I knew the company was Italian and I'd likely have to pay VAT etc. (totalling approx. £120) which was fine, but "post-Brexit" despite being a private individual rather than a company I ended up having to apply for a UK Govt. Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number first. Then I had to appoint a customs broker at Heathrow to act on my behalf. All sorts of forms to fill in, which luckily they were very helpful with as I had no idea about much of the terminology (Postponed VAT accounting, GB Market Free Circulation, EU/UK preferential tariff treatment, etc. etc.). The process took over a month in total but we got there in the end (the big orange thing):

View attachment 151409
I had to laugh when it was announced that an EORI number was a necessary thing to have. I duly applied on behalf of my company and got our all important number.....which turns out to be your VAT number with three zeros on the end!
I wonder how much money and effort was expended to arrive at that solution :dk:

I’m in the slammer right now. Karl has even put the key on a high shelf so that I can’t even hook it with a piece of wire and escape like they do in films.

I’m in the slammer right now. Karl has even put the key on a high shelf so that I can’t even hook it with a piece of wire and escape like they do in films.
We'll send you a Red Cross Parcel including a cake with a file hidden in it.
There's also a petition started : "Free The Mittel England One"

hi
im looking at getting discs and pads all round for the c63s. I have found a seller in Germany doing BREMBO brand and great price compared to UK. issue is that I cant find details on what import taxes will be if i purchase. Called EBAY and they cant help stating once item arrives in UK you will be informed of the costs which is a bit blind. Seller canty help with approximate costs. ANyone got some advice/ knowledge themselves what to expect?
apologies thing ive placed in wrong forum page
Ask all the mercedes merchants on eBay , they all seem to charge what they want tbh. Mercedes Edinburgh were cheaper by £120 for my GLC front discs n pads than mercedes Newcastle. I've also ordered over £200 worth of goods from autodoc and only paid what the goods total was.

Ask all the mercedes merchants on eBay , they all seem to charge what they want tbh. Mercedes Edinburgh were cheaper by £120 for my GLC front discs n pads than mercedes Newcastle. I've also ordered over £200 worth of goods from autodoc and only paid what the goods total was.
Autodoc stock and ship from the UK as well as other countries.

I suspect that your goods came this way :thumb:

I suspect that your goods came this way :thumb:
They have another website which “looks” like it’s UK (I forget the name ) but the parts still take 8 days (or did in my case ) .
My £400 AUTODOC order came with tracking from Germany and no additional charges (as have my other 10+ orders ) .
But yes I suppose some parts will be located elsewhere.

Same parent company, multiple trading names.

Same as ECP and CP4LESS etc.

I’ve ordered various parts from Autodoc, sometimes on one order some parts shipped from UK and some from EU simultaneously (I guess depending on where they had convenient stock) but this was before we left the EU I think.

All that matters from a VAT & duty POV is where the goods shipped to you from. In this case you were charged UK VAT on the order (even though it was over the £135 threshold), so it was presumably dispatched from a UK warehouse. The sports store Decathlon (which is French) definitely does this - moving stock from a European warehouse to fulfil online orders from their '.co.uk' website. If they sent directly from the warehouse you'd be liable for VAT and duty on arrival (if the order was £135+), even though you'd purchased from a "uk" website.
Since registering with AUTODOC I find I can order OE and third party parts specific to my AMG model and year. See my order from last year, when I felt slight vibration due to disc wear and dust less pads, recommended by more experienced members on the forum. Delivery progress updates are good. Seems AUTODOC have deep information and know how in selecting parts suppliers for most manufactures. Prices are yet to be subject to full Uk post Brexit import duties. Hope this helps.
1704396791155.png

Interesting. I'm in France but every shipment from AutoDoc to me has started life in Berlin.

R

Interesting. I'm in France but every shipment from AutoDoc to me has started life in Berlin.

R
Berlin is head office and maybe takes all orders , then the distribution centres take over ???

thanks Guys ... ended up sourcing the Brembo discs and pads from ebay... managed to get front (390mm discs) and the rear 360mm... all in with pads an sensors for just over £1000. garage will fit for £150. worked out much cheaper than indy suggested but appreciate they were using OEM mercedes parts

Ouch....I realise that you saved quite a bit......but that still seems like a lot more than I would of thought....AMG tax I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom