Audio 20 USB file format

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B7YEN

Car
C300DH (C200 CDI, CLK 500)
Hi not sure what system is the best but my car has the Audio 20!

I want to use a USB drive and load music onto it, but cant find what to format the USB with or what format the songs must be recorded in. I also only have a Mac and use iTunes.

Can I upgrade this 2015 Audio 20?

Hi not sure what system is the best but my car has the Audio 20!

I want to use a USB drive and load music onto it, but cant find what to format the USB with or what format the songs must be recorded in. I also only have a Mac and use iTunes.

Can I upgrade this 2015 Audio 20?

Your profile says that you have: 'COMAND NTG 5s1RETROFIT from NGT4.5 Audio 20 ML 350 W166' - what car do you actually have?

At any rate the people who will know what your system can be upgraded to are as always Alfie and Richard at www.comandonline.co.uk.

I have an S205 C300DH 2015
Alfie advised it was Audio 20

I use MP3 files transferred to a USB stick to play music in my 2014 Comand NTG4.5.
Different unit but probably the same file system.

Can't help with formatting a USB stick with a Mac. I'm a slave to Bill Gates' Windows.

I use MP3 files transferred to a USB stick to play music in my 2014 Comand NTG4.5.
Different unit but probably the same file system.

Can't help with formatting a USB stick with a Mac. I'm a slave to Bill Gates' Windows.
I wonder if it's Fat 32 format if you did it on windows. How big was your memory stick :-0

Yes its FAT32. NTFS is no good.
I think its a 16Gb stick.

I also use Mac and i have formatted my stick for FAT32 and use standard MP3 files.

Yes, format the stick as FAT 32 and the music files need to be MP3. MP4 is the system that Apple use. I understand that MP4 is more compressed than MP3 so a reduction in sound quality.
If your music files are MP4 you can use free software to convert them

How do I convert a mp4 to mp3?
  1. Launch Windows Media Player.
  2. Click on File > Open…. ...
  3. Once the target MP4 file has been opened in Windows Media Player, click on File > Save as…. ...
  4. Navigate to the directory on your computer where you want the converted MP3 file to be saved, and click on Save.

I use mp3 on my stick, works perfectly and gives an icon of the album on the screen

Thanks, ill go try and work this out.

If I wanted to use a memory card, do I have to replace the Nav card. so its nave or music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom