Augmented reality navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickwiny

Car
Mercedes a class 250e AMG
Hi chaps
I've just purchased a 22 plate Mercedes A-Class 250e AMG on the 30th of May 2022

I'm looking for a bit of advice, first time on the forum.

I was fully expecting the expecting the car to have augmented reality navigation, and the salesman didn't make it clear it didn't have.

I think maybe I bought it in a little bit of haste, but of course I am sure you all know they're like gold dust.

One Mercedes dealer in Grimsby, told me they were taking orders now for March delivery next year

Anyway got the car home, later on decided to try the augmented navigation, guess what it's not showing on the navigation screen

Immediately telephoned the dealer, (Listers of Lincoln) who told me that have been discontinued in 2021.

Most disappointed as this was one of the top 5 reasons for buying the car.

Also just charged the car up to 100% only showing 30 miles range. Is this normal for the time of year

Apart from that it's an absolutely brilliant car and I love it

Can anyone confirm this, or give me advice on the matter, also the possibility to have it retrofitted to the car.
Thanks
Mick W

The range is lower than expected but it will need time to adjust to your driving style. If it was a demo or used car it may be working on past history. Not sure regarding the the augmented reality but many cars have had some features dropped to save on microchips. To be honest we had a loan car with the augmented reality nav and it really wasn't that great in my opinion.

Thanks guvies
I've changed my location to Nottinghamshire

Even cars that are supposed to have AR have mostly been built without it recently....chip shortage. Many dealers have been very slow to let their customer (who ordered it with AR) know that their car will come without it.......Lots of cross threads about this on another Merc site I occasionally visit.

Hi chaps
I've just purchased a 22 plate Mercedes A-Class 250e AMG on the 30th of May 2022

I'm looking for a bit of advice, first time on the forum.

I was fully expecting the expecting the car to have augmented reality navigation, and the salesman didn't make it clear it didn't have.

I think maybe I bought it in a little bit of haste, but of course I am sure you all know they're like gold dust.

One Mercedes dealer in Grimsby, told me they were taking orders now for March delivery next year

Anyway got the car home, later on decided to try the augmented navigation, guess what it's not showing on the navigation screen

Immediately telephoned the dealer, (Listers of Lincoln) who told me that have been discontinued in 2021.

Most disappointed as this was one of the top 5 reasons for buying the car.

Also just charged the car up to 100% only showing 30 miles range. Is this normal for the time of year

Apart from that it's an absolutely brilliant car and I love it

Can anyone confirm this, or give me advice on the matter, also the possibility to have it retrofitted to the car.
Thanks
Mick W
Thanks a lot.

The AR only comes as part of the Advanced Navigation Package, was this specced on your car? As ALFAitalia says it may have been removed from the spec if it was meant to be on the car due to the ongoing chip shortage. When I bought my A35 nearly two months ago it was a showroom car, I was told by my dealer that they were lucky to have a car with that spec in as it was built before any spec changes were put in place. For example, I was told that they've stopped putting electric memory seats in all hatchbacks that are specced with the premium plus pack. If I ordered my car now it would be a 6-12 month wait and wouldn't come with some of the features normally found in the Premium Plus package.

On other cars that I drove (not MB), the augmented really navigation comes together with the HUD option. Is this the same on MB cars? If so, then it would be good to know if the OP's car has the HUD option. Also, running the VIN in an online VIN decoder will show what options have been fitted to the car at the factory.

On other cars that I drove (not MB), the augmented really navigation comes together with the HUD option. Is this the same on MB cars? If so, then it would be good to know if the OP's car has the HUD option. Also, running the VIN in an online VIN decoder will show what options have been fitted to the car at the factory.

My understanding is that the car has to have the Advanced Navigation Package.

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/models/b-class/hatchback-w247/specifications/equipment-packages/advanced-navigation-package.html

I have a 2021 GLC Premium Plus that has AR which I love it’s particularly good on those awful roundabouts with 4 or 5 lanes.

I believe during COVID and chip shortage some cars were delivered under specification.

All new C Class cars will have AR at least that’s what is was told.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom