• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Auto gearbox services then problems W212 E220

FenTiger

Car
W212 E220 CDI
I recently had my gearbox serviced by Mercedes of Macclesfield Cheshire, The car was ok for two days, Then when drive is selected there is a definite kick , all they have done is change the transmission fluid, filter and magnets, The car was OK before the service, has anyone experienced this problem and any ideas what i should do.
Macclesfield is stone walling me they did the same over the suspension springs. They take your money and then hide !

I recently had my gearbox serviced by Mercedes of Macclesfield Cheshire, The car was ok for two days, Then when drive is selected there is a definite kick , all they have done is change the transmission fluid, filter and magnets, The car was OK before the service, has anyone experienced this problem and any ideas what i should do.
Macclesfield is stone walling me they did the same over the suspension springs. They take your money and then hide !
So why trust them a second time and why take a car of this age to main dealer?

So why trust them a second time and why take a car of this age to main dealer?
I also have an R129 1990 which i service myself ,I like older mercs, the choice was simple take the W212 to Mercedes or take it to an independent i had enquired about the service at the independent but the reply was BS !! As the car was coming up to 140k i thought it prudent to service the box. I hope that answers your question. The box needed a service to maintain its life, I thought these comments were for advice.
I also own a 123 but that's in Thailand.

I also have an R129 1990 which i service myself ,I like older mercs, the choice was simple take the W212 to Mercedes or take it to an independent i had enquired about the service at the independent but the reply was BS !! As the car was coming up to 140k i thought it prudent to service the box. I hope that answers your question. The box needed a service to maintain its life, I thought these comments were for advice.
I also own a 123 but that's in Thailand.
The comments are for advice..

I would imagine that the fluid level may not be correct, whatever the issue the dealer needs to investigate the problem.

Last edited:
I would have thought Mercedes could have done a proper transmission fluid change, it may be coincidence that something else is failing, conductor plate ?
What BS did the independent give you out of curiosity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom