• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Auxiliary battery malfunction

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
So today I changed the main battery, everything went fine until I started the car now I'm getting auxiliary battery malfunction message , my GLC hasn't got another battery but a diode pack or something in the glovebox area . Anyone know if these diode packs require some kind of recharge once the engine is running or does it charge from braking . The live cable was off for quite some time whilst I had my smart charger on the new battery . Would or could this be the reason???

Should I just drive it and see if it sorts itself out ? Voltage regulator shocked because I charged the battery with the live lead off possibly ???

Last edited:
Recap . Went for a run out today , stop start turned green and working . Still getting dash warning . Got home after 12 miles , stop start back to amber . Lol. Warning message still on.

Might have to invest in an another , aux battery diode pack. 🙄🙄

If you have iCarsoft, try deleting the fault first, then see if it comes back.

Also, what spec is the new main battery?

If you have iCarsoft, try deleting the fault first, then see if it comes back.

Also, what spec is the new main battery?

No faults are shown .

Spec matches what came off 👍👍.

Cheers.

From what I can gather , this charge when coasting is what charges up the aux battery. ?? I ll try driving and coasting today 🥲. See what happens .

Screenshot_20240830-102221.png

No faults are shown .

Spec matches what came off 👍👍.

Cheers.

From what I can gather , this charge when coasting is what charges up the aux battery. ?? I ll try driving and coasting today 🥲. See what happens .

No, it is not the aux battery (capacitor pack) but the main battery gaining extra from recuperated energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom