• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

B Class W246 Electric Parking Brake Problem

colinallcars

Car
B180, SLK 230
I have a warning message “Parking Brake - See Owner’s Manual” on the dash and the parking brake has stopped working. I’ve had the message before but it has gone away after a restart, this time it doesn’t. I’ve tried the reset routine (hold the handle out for 10 seconds) but no luck. I’ve confirmed the pistons aren’t seized by moving them in and out using the pad replacement process. ICarsoft suggested a faulty switch so I replaced it with one from eBay, didn’t fix it. The wires to the switch look OK.
Any suggestions?

After a fair bit of digging I’ve got to the bottom of this.

Telling iCarsoft that the car was a GLA threw an error message relating to the left, rear actuator motor. I removed it and found signs of water getting in so I replaced it (and the other side as it was just £75 for the pair) only to find the fault was still present.

The next port of call was the control module which I tracked down to inside the right, rear wing. I unscrewed and disconnected it. Looked fine on inspection but you can’t tell much with a sealed unit. I reconnected and disconnected a few times to achieve a good connection and, much to my delight, the warning message disappeared! As a precaution, I’ve ordered up another one from eBay for £15.

A bit of parts darts, although as advised by the scanning tool, but still cheaper than a garage bill to probably go through the same process,

I purchased a icarsoft mercedes I've replaced the electric parking brake actuator amd wiring,still get the fault code come back,next will be the parking brake module,ive.looked in the boot bit can't find it I've been told it could possibly be behind the dash

IMG_0360.jpegI purchased a icarsoft mercedes I've replaced the electric parking brake actuator amd wiring,still get the fault code come back,next will be the parking brake module,ive.looked in the boot bit can't find it I've been told it could possibly be behind the dash
Do you actually know what you’re looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom