• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

b180 cdi auto feed back

sherco450

Car
vito120 w114 coupe e240 911 turbo black
the old pop is after a b class prefers a diesel auto , he is getting different feed back on the cvt it is running, please any owners experience with the b class auto will be appreciated...l have read some post but no long term feedback ..thanks

I've been thinking about getting a B180 CDI auto myself, and I assume you too are worried about reliability, not the driving experience.
It would seem that after about 40K miles the CVT starts to become prone to problems in the A and B classes.
It's said that metal wear particles in old ATF becomes trapped in the electronic gearbox valves and causes Limp-Home and other problems, so an ATF and filter change at this mileage can appreciable extend the gearbox life.
Some say the CVT boxes are intrinsically suspect, but a troll through this site will show a raft of gearbox problems on all MB models, i don't believe the CVT is any better or worse.
As with all MB auto boxes, I expect most go on for 100K plus and some, probably a small percentage, go wrong, but repairs are tres expensive.
So look for one with 25K miles on it and resell it at 40K while its worth something!
Cheers
Michael

yes I am..my benz mechanic yes 3 of them have warned me to stay away... im trying to get him in a c class 4 cylinder.. he likes the height l guess... b180 cdi are going very cheap here ,l wonder how many owners have had an auto cvt problem ,only because 90% of the b180 have around the same miles on the clock. I suspect that owners have parted with some hefty repair bills (cvt) and are selling as much as 50% of the cars value at 2/3 years old..
it is definitely an offer you can refuse considering the replacement cost..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom