• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery!

AB65

Car
E class 300 coupe
Very confused!! Hope someone can help?
I've been told if a new battery is fitted, it has to be 'coded' to car to allow the alternator to charge at correct output?
Is this genuine, or are they just trying to squeee more money out of me???
Thanx for looking!

They just reset the BMS . It's not coding in as such. Some mercs don't even require it. Some say it relearns itself anyway overtime.

Why are they charging for it . It's part of the change surely.

I think yes to make sure the correct type of battery is recognised as the alternator outputs may differ for a Gel or AGM vs std flooded lead acid batt but that coding process takes 2 minutes

I think yes to make sure the correct type of battery is recognised as the alternator outputs may differ for a Gel or AGM vs std flooded lead acid batt but that coding process takes 2 minutes

It works on a basis that a dying battery requires more charge than a new battery. If not told, the car still charges at a rate for a dying battery.

Very confused!! Hope someone can help?
I've been told if a new battery is fitted, it has to be 'coded' to car to allow the alternator to charge at correct output?
Is this genuine, or are they just trying to squeee more money out of me???
Thanx for looking!
Don't bother, I've fitted new batteries to both SLC & C Class, never coded them and they have already outlasted the original batteries without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom