Becker Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewE

Car
Mercedes C250 Blue efficiency AMG Sport
I have a Becker Map Pilot (M054) in my c class.
I have tried to update the Becker unit with the latest map through the Becker content manager on my PC.
Following the instructions I backed up the unit and then deleted all data. Now my PC does not recognise the unit and when in the car and Navi is selected only the Becker home screen is visible. I believe that I have wiped the unit including the software.

I have tried emailing Becker with no response.
I have contacted Mercedes and they have told me that I need to buy a new Becker unit for £370 (+vat). Second hand units are around £200 on Ebay.

Surely there must be a way to get the software back in the unit??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

I have tried to update the Becker unit with the latest map through the Becker content manager on my PC.
Following the instructions I backed up the unit and then deleted all data. Now my PC does not recognise the unit and when in the car and Navi is selected only the Becker home screen is visible. I believe that I have wiped the unit including the software.

I have contacted Mercedes and they have told me that I need to buy a new Becker unit for £370 (+vat). Second hand units are around £200 on Ebay.

Surely there must be a way to get the software back in the

If you backed up the Unit, can't you use the backup to Restore it?

That's what I thought would happen, but since I deleted all data from the unit my PC doesn't recognise it

I had a similar issue, I went round the house with Becker but they were really unhelpful, which was a shame, so I purchased a
" genuine 2017 map copy ?????" off ebay in my fustrations....... all good now though..... :) :)....

I also use a 'genuine map copy' purchased from E Bay & have installed V18 & now V19 on my unit.

Send me a blank 8GB memory card & I'll copy the V19 files onto the card for you. At least give in a try as you've nothing to use
Message me for my details

Not sure that will work as the Device ID is written into the config files. You would need to alter that configuration for the new device. Either that or have the device itself with the card.

Not sure why you deleted the files to do an upgrade though. It is all done as an overwrite upgrade and doesn't need anything deleted. Are you logged into the Becker software on the PC and is your account associated with that particular device? You would have needed to do this before wiping the device.

Another thought, the app does misbehave if you don't have at least the size of device (8Gb for example) in free space on the disk the software is installed into. Can give errors about not seeing the device properly, but seeing as you were able to back it up, I don't think this is an issue here.

Surely there must be a way to get the software back in the unit??

i have the same problem, when i up the unit in the car it just shows the becker logo screen, but when i restart the pc it shows the contents of the becker connected to the pc, how did you get on with yurs in the end ?

The Becker map pilot is really just a memory device like an SD card. I had so many issues with mine trying to make it work after it got corrupted for some unkown reason. Beker are unfortunately no help and their software didnt seem to help. As others have said, I got a genuine copy off ebay in my fustration. Some will even install it all for you remotely if you like. Very easy and all working good now.
I dont like genuine copies of anything but Becker just didnt help at all which was a shame.

The Becker map pilot is really just a memory device like an SD card. I had so many issues with mine trying to make it work after it got corrupted for some unkown reason. Beker are unfortunately no help and their software didnt seem to help. As others have said, I got a genuine copy off ebay in my fustration. Some will even install it all for you remotely if you like. Very easy and all working good now.
I dont like genuine copies of anything but Becker just didnt help at all which was a shame.

Are you referring to Becker Map Pilot, or to Garmin Map Pilot? These are two very different products. In spite of the confusing similarly in names.

Hi yes it is the Becker map pilot. Still cant get it to work. I have bought and paid for a europ map update. Tryed to download it and it keeps on cancelling the upload.

I have a similar issue. did you find a fix to this? I used a map pilot from a different car and although it was an older model it worked. I tried to copy the files across from this old map pilot to my map pilot (that currently is wiped with no files). It did not work, it brings up the boot screen in car but has like a pixelated display, must be incompatible files. I also opened the xml and changed the serial number to match the one on my device. same issue.

Becker do not answer and do not respond to my emails. Any ideas what i could buy of ebay? I have no files at all on my map pilot. Thank you

Përshëndetje zonja dhe zotërinj,

Kam nevojë për ndihmë me Becker Map Pilot M013.
U përpoqa të bëja një përditësim dhe fshiva gjithçka.
Nëse më duhen të dhënat e vjetra tani, dikush mund të më ndihmojë për t'i bërë ato të funksionojnë përsëri.
Faleminderit për përpjekjet tuaja

MfG Berisha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom