• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Big/loud exhaust doest it affect fuel consumption?

Carexpert

Car
Farrari
ok heres the thing
i have heard from multiple people hat if i change the exhaust system to a louder oneof my car it will consume more fuel since energy is lost in the form of sound

but yesterday according to few mechanic "changing the dholki and the tip will INCREASE the fuel consumption since engine can get more oxygen and release the waste gases "

am confused could some one please shed some light on whats the truth

The noise is there as a product of the way the engine works. The silencer just quietens it down. Replacing a silencer with a straight pipe will allow the system to work as before...but noisier...your friends are talking nonsense...think about it...penny drops...

Why worry about fuel consumption when all you want to do is make more noise ? Now, if you were asking us if making more noise means you are making more power you might get some sensible answers.

The answer to the above is generally No, more noise does not necessary mean more power. Its not that simple.

Now, ask us another one.

If you are able to afford a Ferrari you can't be too concerned about fuel consumption, just do it!

So you have a Farrari (sic) with a folk music drum fitted. Interesting. ;)

I have to say I'm more impressed with cars that make less noise, round here a loud exhaust usually signifies an idiot.

I suspect the OP is using 'dholki' as a colloquial term for an exhaust silencer. I also suspect he doesn't have a Ferrari...

66855422.jpg

ok heres the thing
i have heard from multiple people hat if i change the exhaust system to a louder oneof my car it will consume more fuel since energy is lost in the form of sound

but yesterday according to few mechanic "changing the dholki and the tip will INCREASE the fuel consumption since engine can get more oxygen and release the waste gases "

Are you/the car based in Pakistan and do you understand this is not a Ferrari specific Forum?
(You may wish however to seek such a forum given your specific question?)

This question should not be viewed as any form of racism, and it's most certainly not, nor intended to be,
it may however have some bearing on the quality of advice you have had to date from purported mechanics.

LOL - I'm probably speaking to a bot ... :D

The confusion is because people are saying "Make more noise". You're not making more noise. You're simply not muffling as much of it.

No exhaust can amplify the sound an engine makes. The very loudest an engine can be is exhaust-less. It's like suggesting a gun silencer can make the gun louder. Anything that staggers, delays and dissipates the gas release from a shot will quieten it down by releasing the gas over a broader period of time, and/or in more directions than the path the gas would have originally took. Sound bounces around inside and loses energy before it's released too.

Whether an exhaust reduces fuel economy has more to do with the gas flow than the audio.

Here's a video from Engineering explained:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oldbarrack, the OP probably is a bot/spammer. Posed what seems like a genuine question, that'll later have relevant seeming links posted to it in the hope the spam tactics will slide under the radar. Could be wrong though.

ok heres the thing

If your car is equipped with this engine
Untitled1.png

then yes, louder exhaust making a lot of noise like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

will increase the fuel consumption.
If your car has under the bonnet (sorry I forgot it was Farrari) engine which looks like this:
ferrari-engine_100232737_l.jpg

then, no, it won't increase the fuel consumption.

yesterday according to few mechanic "changing the dholki and the tip will INCREASE the fuel consumption since engine can get more oxygen and release the waste gases "

Without knowing exactly which Fararri engine you have, it is difficult to answer accurately.

If you fit 27 monastically spaced neodymium injectors around the bellhousing, arranged to feed the downstream turbine exhaust vents with a mixture of high 'S' value phenol hydrobenzamine and a 5% concentrate of remonitorive tetra-ioda hexamine. This should offset any possibility of increased fuel consumption. Remember though, that both liquids have specific periscosities, given by the formula P = 2.5C x 6.7 / N where N is the di-ethical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is the shelmondolaze angular grid coefficient. If you set things up with a Signature series Schottky auto-calibrating hopper datascope to measure the exact quantities, it should be fine.

It is important that the exhaust does not intermesh with the regurgative purlwell and the super-native weanel sprocket. Adjust the Lotuso-deltoid windings if that is the case, alternatively, use a series of offset 3Kilohertz anhydrous nangling pins to enable a cryptonaptic bowling shim to be tankered at the inlet manifold.

You can work out the Bernoulli constant for calculation of Neutrino flow stack requirements: Nodal value = Quantative hydraxis squared / Trignometrical amplitude times Pi. This will let you configure your Multiplexed, Torroidal stream Cadmium coated concentric tambur shafts to match the Tambourelli bevelled gearsets.

Hope this helps.

Without knowing exactly which Fararri engine you have, it is difficult to answer accurately.

If you fit 27 monastically spaced neodymium injectors around the bellhousing, arranged to feed the downstream turbine exhaust vents with a mixture of high 'S' value phenol hydrobenzamine and a 5% concentrate of remonitorive tetra-ioda hexamine. This should offset any possibility of increased fuel consumption. Remember though, that both liquids have specific periscosities, given by the formula P = 2.5C x 6.7 / N where N is the di-ethical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is the shelmondolaze angular grid coefficient. If you set things up with a Signature series Schottky auto-calibrating hopper datascope to measure the exact quantities, it should be fine.

It is important that the exhaust does not intermesh with the regurgative purlwell and the super-native weanel sprocket. Adjust the Lotuso-deltoid windings if that is the case, alternatively, use a series of offset 3Kilohertz anhydrous nangling pins to enable a cryptonaptic bowling shim to be tankered at the inlet manifold.

You can work out the Bernoulli constant for calculation of Neutrino flow stack requirements: Nodal value = Quantative hydraxis squared / Trignometrical amplitude times Pi. This will let you configure your Multiplexed, Torroidal stream Cadmium coated concentric tambur shafts to match the Tambourelli bevelled gearsets.

Hope this helps.
Interesting! I've only ever been able to do this with liquid unobtainium perviously:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom