• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Bosch Front Brake Discs and Pads

JSR

Car
w202 230k sport, W204 C200 CDI, W124 23E
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 E220 W212 AMG Line - front brake discs and pads a due a renewal I tempted to use Bosch branded discs and pads - just wanted to know if anyone has used them and what your experience has been. Thanks

I tempted to use Bosch branded discs and pads

I've never used Bosch brake parts. My car came with ATE brakes so, if I don't buy at MB, I buy ATE parts.

RayH

Reactions: JSR
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 E220 W212 AMG Line - front brake discs and pads a due a renewal I tempted to use Bosch branded discs and pads - just wanted to know if anyone has used them and what your experience has been. Thanks
Get a price from the MB dealers on ebay.

+1 for getting the price from MB first, especially the Ebay shop (MB Newcastle) , you might be pleasantly surprised. Brembo are also OEM (particularly on AMG models) and equivalent discs can be found on Autodoc or ECP at very competitive prices.

I've found the MB parts on eBay from mercedes Edinburgh or mercedes Newcastle to be the equivalent price or cheaper than aftermarket parts

I have Bosch Quiet Cast Ceramic pads on my Suburban fitted along with new (Centric) discs. 2200 miles in and no problems.

Reactions: 190
I'm Looking at Mercedes Newcastle options

Hello Everyone,

I recently fitted Bosch discs to mine, sourced from autodoc. After being alarmed and slightly annoyed that they were made in China, they have eventually turned out to be ok. The disc wear surfaces were coated against corrosion with what looked like paint. I initially thought that would wear off very quickly but it didn't and braking was going to be dreadful until it did., I resorted to removing the coating or most of it with abrasive paper. Once the last traces of the coating were worn away braking has been fine and indistinguishable by me from the original MB discs and pads.

I have tended to trust Bosch for all sorts of things in the past and not been disappointed but don't expect anything much these days to be made in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom