Brabus CL 67 - Collecting Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldeneye

Car
Audi A3 3.2 Sportback, Mercedes C63 507
Hi all, just saw this pop up on Collecting Cars. Genuine Brabus? I have no idea but it looks interesting! Link

I can smell the money burning for the running costs from here

Does anyone know what sort of performance figures these produce? I've had a look online but can only find info on the newer models.

Nice but completely bettered by the standard tt facelift 600 or the cl65

Wow, and there was me expecting 750bhp + :p
Yeah it's not great, pretty much all they could muster from a pretty weak engine.

After the M120 Mercedes decided to go down the "economy" route with the M137. SOHC, 3 valve heads, alloy block, cylinder deactivation tech (that murdered horrendously expensive coil packs) and emphasis on lightweight and MPG numbers added up to a pretty underwhelming package. No surprise it only lasted a few years, definitely not one of Mercedes-Benz's highpoints when it comes to engines.

Its too young at the moment to be worth any high figure, as the standard CL55s can be had for peanuts, its not a desirable collectors car.

Give it 10 years and that will be a total unicorn classic

Give it 10 years and that will be a total unicorn classic

TBF, it's pretty much that already. I doubt it will be bought to drive much.

I'm surprised it has racked up such a high mileage, albeit over 20 years old. Interesting example of a 215, but I'd me more interested in the 215 CL63 with the V12. Would have both though if I had the space!

I don't think that was Brabus's finest moment..just a few months later you could have had a Kompressor CL55 with much better performance for much less money.

Speaking of tuned CLs on CC, here's another interesting one.

Personally I preferred the CL55 of the time with the Kompressor engine, more accessible power, though the Kleeman sounds fun in a you need more superglue for your tyres kind of way.

I don't think that was Brabus's finest moment..just a few months later you could have had a Kompressor CL55 with much better performance for much less money.

Speaking of tuned CLs on CC, here's another interesting one.

Personally I preferred the CL55 of the time with the Kompressor engine, more accessible power, though the Kleeman sounds fun in a you need more superglue for your tyres kind of way.
Brave pill required for maintenance and running costs I reckon, but what a car! 731bhp is probably  ample

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom