C Class vs E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also, much more space in the rear (if you are going to have anyone in the rear, even kids as they're all tall bugga's these days)
The stretch on the C class chassis makes the E class coupe a proper 4 seater with a (bit) bigger boot and from the short test drive I had in a c class coupe when shopping 3 years ago, made a difference in ride quality.

The 4 cyl 220/250cdi will give you excellent mpg, the E350CDI will give you unnecessary power and torque, along with good mpg apparently

However, I have the same V6 petrol Mr Knight E has above and it gives pretty good mpg, but a much (much) better noise imho and can go like stink if you press the loud pedal

When you can, do at least sit in a C and E class and try the engines - its all part of the fun when car buying after all

I've owned both c250 and e350 coupes. The interiors are practically the same in size and gizmos. Giving a choice if funds were there e350 all day long. You'll only wish to upgrade a year later,so buy the e350 now.

It was even smoother than the diesel and with a beautifully cultured sound.
Angie had the 306bhp petrol V6 in her R171 at the same time as I had the 265bhp V6 diesel in my W212.

I still miss the howl of the V6 petrol as it neared the redline, but I did find it slightly "buzzy" at high rpm in the SLK whereas the V6 diesel in the W212 was silky smooth all the way through the rev-range. That illustrates to to me how important the installation in the chassis is when it comes to NVH, not just the choice of powerplant.

I picked the E350 diesel variant as, over the years driving both petrol and diesel on numerous occasions the diesel was the better vehicle, for me, and that’s what it’s about tbh.
I think the diesel is quicker, just as refined and suits my often long journeys up and down the country. Stood alongside a C Class the E Class is a lot better vehicle IMHO.

When you can, do at least sit in a C and E class and try the engines - its all part of the fun when car buying after all
I’d normally very much agree with that, but of course it can be difficult at the moment.

I know, "sad times" as da kidz say, but is why I commenced with 'when you can'
Mine just turned 52k this week (god, I'm not doing many miles.....:()

I've owned both c250 and e350 coupes. The interiors are practically the same in size and gizmos. Giving a choice if funds were there e350 all day long. You'll only wish to upgrade a year later,so buy the e350 now.
I found the rear very different in the C to E.
Both had pano roofs (now that's as important as the engine I would suggest btw!), but the distance between the two rears was noticeably less and more claustrophobic as well as leg room in the C I tried

Depends how big you or your passengers are I suppose (and size is apparently important.....:rolleyes:)

I found the rear very different in the C to E.
Both had pano roofs (now that's as important as the engine I would suggest btw!), but the distance between the two rears was noticeably less and more claustrophobic as well as leg room in the C I tried

Depends how big you or your passengers are I suppose (and size is apparently important.....:rolleyes:)
I spend more time driving than sitting in the back. I have bedrooms for that :)

Apart from obvious specification differences, pricing will tell you which variant is best when you are buying any vehicle, hence the price hike for a E350 over a E220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom