• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C200 2008 Rear Door Actuator/Lock Replacement - Panel won't come off?

John20

Car
C CLASS (C200) KOMPRESSOR Saloon 2008
Hi guys,

So I'm in the process of trying to replace the rear right passenger door's lock/actuator. Guides online are unfortunately all seemingly for the front door and different vehicles so a lot of the process is almost the same... but there are bits that are different and so far.. I'm stuck. I've managed to get the trim off, the various cables and things all disconnected and I've removed all the rivets holding the metal panel in place. This is where I'm stuck. These guides refer to removing the external door handle using a screw from inside the door where the rubber seals are however , as shown in the video I've attached. The only hole I find is seemingly empty?? the driver's door, you insert the screw driver maybe 2cms in and you're hitting the screw. The rear doors (I checked both) aren't the same and you can visibly see nothing at all inside the hole. You put the screw driver in and you can wiggle it around and there's nothing. I do at one point feel something... quite a way inside but nothing like a screw but its hard to tell.

I've posted a video which willl hopefully explain in more clear detail and I hope someone can advise!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you pulled away the rubber door seal and had a peek behind it for a hidden screw hole ? Long shot as you seemed to have done all thats shown in this video.

Also 0:26 in I see what looks like the back of a rivet and at 0:35 the inside shot seems to show the head of the same rivet . What is this holding ? the actuator to the inner panel ?

Best of luck :thumb:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Pete, thank you for this video! I've been trying to find something but keep hitting a wall. I'm at work so i'm watching without audio lol but he confirms that the door handle does need to come out from looks of it and I think thats probably what was holding it in place still (somehow..) also the rivets you mentioned in your first post. Are I think attaching this rubber (protective?) shield over some components that are attached to the metal panel so I think those are safe to leave alone? but I may need to remove them in order to actually access the actuator after I remove the panel from the door. I think the door handle is probably the one thats holding the actuator still. annoyingly. Glad I didn't pulll it out :|

I know to remove the door handle on the front of my 203 (different door , different car I know) has a small hole to access a screw which can only be accessed by peeling bac the door seal .

it doesn't look like that is the case with your car and I am sure you have had a good poke around during your head scratching sessions.

let us know how you get on 👍

I know to remove the door handle on the front of my 203 (different door , different car I know) has a small hole to access a screw which can only be accessed by peeling bac the door seal .

it doesn't look like that is the case with your car and I am sure you have had a good poke around during your head scratching sessions.

let us know how you get on 👍

Good news! I have now gone out for round 2 this time armed with a much longer T20 torx and this was the problem. I found the screw almost instantly and from there, it was a little guess work at times.... but thankfully, yes. The job is now complete! I do have one side problem that I can't seem to resolve yet. The auto up doesn't work and the manual up on that particular door's window is not working correctly. If I use auto up, it wont work at all. If I do manual up, it goes up to the top then drops an inch or two. Ive followed the reset procedure and this got the auto down to work but the up doesn't work at all with auto up and the manual still drops a bit. II have to press up a few times to get it to stay up... kinda annoying but I never use that door or window so its a minor issue really.

main problem (the door lock) is now fully working! woohoo!

Good news! I have now gone out for round 2 this time armed with a much longer T20 torx and this was the problem. I found the screw almost instantly and from there, it was a little guess work at times.... but thankfully, yes. The job is now complete! I do have one side problem that I can't seem to resolve yet. The auto up doesn't work and the manual up on that particular door's window is not working correctly. If I use auto up, it wont work at all. If I do manual up, it goes up to the top then drops an inch or two. Ive followed the reset procedure and this got the auto down to work but the up doesn't work at all with auto up and the manual still drops a bit. II have to press up a few times to get it to stay up... kinda annoying but I never use that door or window so its a minor issue really.

main problem (the door lock) is now fully working! woohoo!
Well done for persevering and updating Hopefully the remaining issue is a limit switch needs adjusting. 👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom