• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C216 Antenna amplifier / signal processor replacement.

Riva811

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
My DAB radio has no signal and the TV works sometimes and causes the entire audio canbus to stop processing sound. I bypassed the TV module on the canbus and I have sound. I want to restore the TV back on.
The diagnostic errors from the TV were: short circut in amplifier and DAB radio says error with signal processor. Wondering what the best way to get to it to replace it will be?
amplifier.jpg

The audio can bus does not process sound, the MOST bus does. So I assume you put a fibre loop on the fibre at the TV tuner. A bad DAB / TV signal should not affect sound for everything but a bad TV tuner will if it breaks the MOST bus which is a loop.
Make sure the antenna system outputs are correctly coded on the TV tuner and the DAB tuner - this is done with SCN coding *probably* or follow the instructions for the settings in the coding menus. (DAB tuner may be hand coded and you'll need to set the power outputs correctly).
The antenna amp is one pack at the top of the rear window for all functions - easy enough to replace - but if its got damp you can damage the pads as they rust to the amp (and you can get repair paint on metal fluid stuff)

R

The audio can bus does not process sound, the MOST bus does. So I assume you put a fibre loop on the fibre at the TV tuner. A bad DAB / TV signal should not affect sound for everything but a bad TV tuner will if it breaks the MOST bus which is a loop.
Make sure the antenna system outputs are correctly coded on the TV tuner and the DAB tuner - this is done with SCN coding *probably* or follow the instructions for the settings in the coding menus. (DAB tuner may be hand coded and you'll need to set the power outputs correctly).
The antenna amp is one pack at the top of the rear window for all functions - easy enough to replace - but if its got damp you can damage the pads as they rust to the amp (and you can get repair paint on metal fluid stuff)

R
Hi Richard, I did bypass the TV module, the DAB is functional but the stations are greyed out and gives an error code. I doubt my Autel can do any coding but i will double-check - it might need the multiplexor. So the antenna amplifier is on the rooftop?
I did have water damage in the vehicle where the DAB, TV tuner and everything is mounted. Thankfully the sound amplifier works. TV tuner shows a picture on rare occasions when plugged in but obviously, the MOST is already broken when the TV is on the bus. I am considering replugging in the TV and doing another scan/check.
Mercedes fixed the same problem for a staggering £1200 back in 2018. I am not keen on paying that much again. In all fairness, I only use Bluetooth audio but on rare occasions, i like to switch the tv on when i am waiting in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom