• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C250 no kickdown or manual changing

BigKev86

Car
C250
Hi all, need some advice if at all possible. I have. 2013 c250 Blue efficiency. All was well until Friday past. Car was driving perfect. Stopped at a petrol station and the EML came on and car went into limp mode. Got it on the computer and it gave 3 faults, 2 regarding boost pressure and one regarding dpf. Changed the two manifold pressure sensors, and had a regen on the the dpf. Car no longer in limp mode and power is back for the most part. Bringing it home from the garage today and realised it’s revving to over 2000 before it changes up gear, kickdown isn’t working and when switching to manual mode it won’t change up or down. No lights on dash and no faults showing on the diagnostic tool. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Update, I done the gearbox reset thing procedure and that seems to have corrected it for now. Kickdown and manual selection both working, and revs are back down at normal levels. Will monitor the situation and update further

Hello and welcome .

When was the transmission last serviced ? If you have no history of that being done it is long overdue.
I’ve only got the car 6 months but have no evidence of the gearbox service being done yet. What’s the ballpark price for a gearbox service? Thanks for your reply.

I’ve only got the car 6 months but have no evidence of the gearbox service being done yet. What’s the ballpark price for a gearbox service? Thanks for your reply.

£250 to £300 depending where you live . Ballpark.

If the engine is going limp , the gearbox won't work properly. Just bare that in mind 👍

See my guide in the engine section on lack of power on a CDI.

Your engine is in limp mode. It will not be gearbox related.

Just had a non functioning auto gearbox issue which was created by a dpf fault code. See my post above as in my case it was a dodgy battery that was preventing the dpf regens.

Fitted a new battery. Cleared the codes and went for a drive. No more limp mode and the DPF then regenerated a on a 30 minute drive.

The little Autel AP200 I have has been a good tool as my generic OBD fault reader doesn’t show DPF levels etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom