• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C350e and OLEV grant

untruenorth

Car
C220CDI
A put a deposit down a few weeks back on an almost-fully-specced 350e estate.

My dealer's just phoned to say that the grant has just been withdrawn on any variants that tip over the 50g/km emissions threshold. Obviously, that includes estates on 18" wheels as a consequence of Premium(Plus) or towbar...

Anyone else encountered this yet? It's ballsed up my finance assumptions!

Interestingly, the OLEV website says Cat 3 vehicles (50-75g/km) with at least 20 miles range still qualify. The 350e range is claimed at 20miles under NEDC.

I wonder if this can be contested?

Sorry to disappoint, but I though the official range of the C350e has always been 19.2 miles.

I was always surprised the OLEV grant was available for the > 50g/ C350e configurations

Annoyingly, my initial Google search suggested 20, though I see reviews quoting both 19 and 20 (now I've more time to look), but I can find nothing on MBUK.

If only we could spec the cars without the sodding sunroof!

Don't forget that cars over £40k will incur RFT as well

Blast. Going to have to delete some options, then, to keep costs in check. Probably the driving ass. pack (as I hear it's scurrilously named in dealer-land).

My 350e has almost every option and the Distrionic Plus is the one I wouldn't do without - the crawl around the M25 wouldn't be the same without it !!

The certified electric only mileage is 19 miles and all of us who have one would say that this must have been verified by VW.

Don't forget that cars over £40k will incur RFT as well

I believe that only applies to those cars registered after 1st April 2017 when the latest round of changes come into effect ;

This measure reforms Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for cars registered from 1 April 2017 onwards. First Year Rates of VED will vary according to the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of the vehicle. A flat Standard Rate (SR) of £140 will apply in all subsequent years, except for zero emission cars which will pay £0. Cars with a list price in excess of £40,000 will incur a supplement of £310 on their SR for the first 5 years in which a SR is paid. All cars registered before 1 April 2017 will remain in the current VED system, which will not change.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vehicle-excise-duty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom