C43 AMG w202 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another saloon coming up at auction in April.......

2000 C43 saloon
Be interesting to know if those sills have been replaced, appeared one year as an MOT advisory and not subsequently mentioned. Could be a decent buy as a starter car for a project to spend a few £££ on putting it right, cosmetically/structurally as is always the case with these!

Blimey, that's quite a mark up, even if a bit of work has been done to get it back up to scratch.

Be interesting to know if those sills have been replaced, appeared one year as an MOT advisory and not subsequently mentioned. Could be a decent buy as a starter car for a project to spend a few £££ on putting it right, cosmetically/structurally as is always the case with these!
Sills required work !

Lets be honest, originally at £3500 it was too cheap.
It's had paint, (shame about the overspray on the back box) and possible a few other bits.
But if we hadn't seen it up at the lower price and it just appeared as-is at £7k, we would be saying the price is on the nose?
(ignoring the ditch-finder tyres, worn out mats and worn steering wheel)

Reactions: Abb
Lets be honest, originally at £3500 it was too cheap.
It's had paint, (shame about the overspray on the back box) and possible a few other bits.
But if we hadn't seen it up at the lower price and it just appeared as-is at £7k, we would be saying the price is on the nose?
(ignoring the ditch-finder tyres, worn out mats and worn steering wheel)
I agree knowing what I know now. At £7k, I would be treating it as a 'project' and would certainly expect it to need work, perhaps not too much cosmetically but definitely underneath and behind the sills.
Problem with these, is the interiors wear so well, a little work on the exterior paint and they look very very presentable.

C43 Amg w202 S39 APK 105K -

Made a offer which was declined, now sold.

1620849357387.png

What's wrong with this car?
Why doesn't it sell?

What's wrong with this car?
Why doesn't it sell?

IMHO I think it's about £1500-£2000 over priced.
To get £10k it needs to be nicer. In fairness, it has a lot going for it; great MOT history, and not everyone wants the Penquin/Tuxedo leather, so the blue makes a change.

I think and perhaps it's my age, but buyers of W202 AMG's no longer want dark window tints and bangin' tunes. Bin those off, along with the ebay pedals, get the steering wheel refurbished, would be a start.
The corrosion popping through, will be costly to do right though.

Any W202 C43 may have issues as it's being 21 to 23 years old?
It's difficult finding a 100% perfect car.
There will always be something needing to be fixed on most old cars.

Some people claim price's creeping up for C43?

Last edited:
I have to say I quite like that car; love the shape. I agree though that all the Halfrauds add-ons would need to come off and original stuff put back on.
I would guess that the small rust bubbles are likely to be a bit more than that in reality.

S595 MGM 155K -

1621323777256.png

Where do you find these C43 ads?
Where are the links?

Like most of them, no escape hatch or bumper buttons, sadly.

I have one with both plus more :)

Plus another with factory Bose, quite a rare option along with side blinds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom