• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Can anyone have look at my brake discs?

My rears came in new at 24mm . Minimum thickness is 21.4 mm. Based on that I'd say yours are well worn. A quick Google yours are 32mm new , minimum thickness 30mm .
Also after around 4 miles of driving brakes starts squeaking,
First 3/4 miles no issue when braking after the start squeaking.

Also after around 4 miles of driving brakes starts squeaking,
First 3/4 miles no issue when braking after the start squeaking.
Pads are probably glazed by now , usual cause of squealing.

Scrap . I guarantee the surface on the inside of the disc will be worse than the face you can see through the road wheels.

Replacement discs and pads will be cheaper than you think.

Brembo are factory fitment on many cars....including my ALFA (calipers, discs and pads). And on bikes the higher specs ones usually come with Brembos.....like my Aprilia RSV1000R.......it has Brembo. The cooking, non R spec ones dont.

They are a quality product.....however....as with lots of stuff there are lots of fakes about.
Aprilia RSV Mille R.jpg

Brembo are OEM on my C55 AMG . I bought new Brembo discs all round from ECP a LOT cheaper than MB could supply them for , no they were not handmade in Italy . I can't remember where they were made , Brembo have factories all over the world ...as does Mercedes Benz.

They are performing exceptionally well with almost zero wear and no dust , mainly due to me mating them with Akebono ceramic pads (made in the USA) .

Brembo also make brakes for Royal Enfield and countless crappy little Chinese scooters via one of their worldwide subsidiaries , they also own AP racing , a well respected performance brake company.

They know a fair bit about stopping vehicles.

Then of course is that fact that they are fitted on a lot of full hose race cars....

1715157237508.png

Are Brembo really as good given they are half the price?

Mine for the E320 about 3-4 years ago from AUTODOC in the app (41% off) were £200 for discs and pads all round , yes it was roughly half price compared to MB .

£280 for my GLC rears . £134 for brembo from Ecp.

Inner face could be as ugly as this .

View attachment 156491

When I did the GLC rears , the inner side ,which is the piston side was shockingly bad. More so the pad face , it was practically down to the wear sensor , so around 2mm , the outer pad was at around 4mm . The disc had a lip on it , rear about 3 mm front 1.5 mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom