• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Can i trust national tyres to ....

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
i3
Fit new tyres without damaging the wheels?

They have a good deal on 255/19 fronts and 285/19 rear asy 6 £681.

1713859220539.png

Comes down to the individual tyre fitter I’m afraid. I’ve used National Tyres (now owned by Halfords) before and they’ve not damaged a wheel. YMMV

Comes down to the individual tyre fitter I’m afraid. I’ve used National Tyres (now owned by Halfords) before and they’ve not damaged a wheel. YMMV

As above.

I find that large national chains (I have used KwikFit, National Tyres, ATS Euromaster, and Costco over the years) tend to have better processes in place and well-trained techs in general, but ultimately it's down to the individual tyre fitter.

Take detailed photos of each wheel before fitting.

Check for damage afterwards.

Only way really unfortunately.

I've used them a few times without issue.
Mobile tyre fitter did mine and damaged a wheel, the company admitted responsibility and paid to refurbish.

As mentioned above, photos before 👍

Take detailed photos of each wheel before fitting.

Check for damage afterwards.

Only way really unfortunately.
My local (independent) tyre fitting place does a walk round prior to any work and notes any pre-existing wheel damage on the job sheet which you sign as agreed.
It's the only tyre place I've been to that does this and struck me as being a sensible idea for both parties.

I only ever use my local independent place who know me personally. Yes they may be a few quid more expensive but they’ve never damaged my car, have fitted me in on occasions I needed something urgent etc.. Worth finding a decent independent place IMO.

Costco used to take digital images of each wheel prior to fitting.

It’s a good idea and protects the fitter as much as the customer in the event of any complaints :thumb:

......and its nice and easy to alter a digital image too........"that was there before Sir......look at this photo"!!

(I actually had a builder do that to both myself and my neighbour!!)

......and its nice and easy to alter a digital image too........"that was there before Sir......look at this photo"!!

(I actually had a builder do that to both myself and my neighbour!!)
Focussing on the extreme and unlikely.

There are ways of verifying images if you’re being that picky! Digital images are used for everything these days from Passports to evidence and everything in between.

Better to be prepared, everyone has a phone in their pocket these days - 30 seconds taking some images could save you £££s if you are unlucky.

I was not being serious!!!.....but the builder bit was true!!

I had some replacement tyres fitted by Kwik Fit and they did an excellent job. Impressed by the equipment used compared to my local independent tyres fitter who scratched a refurbed alloy wheel.As others have said take before and after pictures.

Last time I went there , the manager went around my car checking each wheel and marking them off on a clip board. They obviously cover their own ****s now . 👍

I had some replacement tyres fitted by Kwik Fit and they did an excellent job. Impressed by the equipment used compared to my local independent tyres fitter who scratched a refurbed alloy wheel.As others have said take before and after pictures.
I had the exact opposite experience with Kwik-Fit a few years back, but it all depends on the humans working at whatever branch of whatever company you’re using IMHO.

I had the exact opposite experience with Kwik-Fit a few years back, but it all depends on the humans working at whatever branch of whatever company you’re using IMHO.
As you say it's the luck of the draw.

Delighted with the service from the local NT branch, Lio the young lad took his time ( 2hrs ) to change four tyres on the old shed and got excited when he saw the badge on the rear , he done a superb job and was very thorough and careful

The car feels bloody epic now with fresh asy 6 rubber, the akra exhaust and a tank full of v power, the grin on my face is huge :)

I gave the young lad a amg pl calender for which he was very grateful

10/10 - all that stress and worry for no reason haha.

Delighted with the service from the local NT branch, Lio the young lad took his time ( 2hrs ) to change four tyres on the old shed and got excited when he saw the badge on the rear , he done a superb job and was very thorough and careful

The car feels bloody epic now with fresh asy 6 rubber, the akra exhaust and a tank full of v power, the grin on my face is huge :)

I gave the young lad a amg pl calender for which he was very grateful

10/10 - all that stress and worry for no reason haha.
The only car that drives better than a clean car, is a clean car on brand new tyres 👍🏻

Nice touch giving the fitter the calendar too, I bet it made his day. I bet whomever lives with is livid that it’s hanging in the living room though 😁

Don't you love seeing a layer of aluminium stripping off your alloy while they fit the new one? 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom