Central lock problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wallish

Car
Mercedes Sprinter 313 Motorhome
Hello I am a new member having just joined MB club. I have a Autosleeper Suffolk motorhome which is built on a Mercedes 313 Automatic chassis. My problem is related to the central locking system. The fault is intermittent. Press the unlock on the fob nothing happens, unlock with the backup key, the alarm goes off, stop the alarm by turning ignition on. The manual lock/ unlock switch on the dash works every time with the ignition turned on. If I start an run the engine for a few moments then stop it and try the fob operation it works every time, sometimes the fault returns after a few minutes sometimes after a few hours. I have fitted new fob batteries a new 100amp car battery. The home battery is new. The vehicle was new 2008 and is in very good condition having recorded just 33,000 miles.
Can anyone advise please. Thanks very much.

What happens with the spare key?

Problem solve. I found out that the cabin controller which controls the water pump, heating and lighting etc was not shutting down. I managed to sort this out, the key fob issue seems the have gone away. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom