Changing a Vito front double seat to a single - SRS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James5969

Car
Vito 6 seater
Hi,

I have managed to get a single seat and base to convert my Vito from the front double.

Doing some reading and YouTubing on this I’ve seen people fitting a 2.7Ohm resistor to the yellow plug so the SRS warming doesn’t ping up on the dash.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Question I have is, the single seat I’ve got has a yellow plug, just like the one from the double, so do I need this 2.7Ohm resistor or can I just plug in my new single seat and not get a warning light.

Thanks

James.

If plug matches socket I expect it to serve purpose.
Plug it in and find out.

If plug matches socket I expect it to serve purpose.
Plug it in and find out.

Hi m80

I probably will do, I was just wondering if anyone new for sure as I’ve also read if I trigger the SRS light, I need to find someone with STAR and pay them to turn it off. For the sake of an £8 resistor I thought I’d check in here.

Aye the SRS latches, I think iCarsoft can reset it. There's still a cost implication but having an iCarsoft might be worth it to you anyway, as clearly you like to 'get involved'.

What you're looking at is the occupancy sensor. There are bypass plug in units available, it wouldn't surprise me if they were merely resistors in a plastic moulding.
Vito single seats have an occupancy sensor, so really if you have a spare van plug that fits the spare seat socket it should be good.

I've read of others fitting swivel seats, even swivels as original MB fit. It was years ago that I bought 2 swivels and concluded that while they could I would need to slide the seats forward so the backrests cleared the pillars, or pull the backrests forward by adjustment.
As they would need to be reclined again later I decided that the convenience of swivel was lost by the inconvenience of using them. But in truth I haven't seen other results and they may well have designed differently / better.

What we have now is a 2 drawer unit between seats with a storage tray atop, and 2 flask holders at its front. I've fitted a bin at its rear.I wouldn't want to be w/o that now.

I've read of others fitting swivel seats, even swivels as original MB fit. It was years ago that I bought 2 swivels and concluded that while they could I would need to slide the seats forward so the backrests cleared the pillars, or pull the backrests forward by adjustment.
As they would need to be reclined again later I decided that the convenience of swivel was lost by the inconvenience of using them. But in truth I haven't seen other results and they may well have designed differently / better.

What we have now is a 2 drawer unit between seats with a storage tray atop, and 2 flask holders at its front. I've fitted a bin at its rear.I wouldn't want to be w/o that now.
I actually just saw another thread with your pictures of the box in place.
I’m not planning on fitting swivel bases as I will be building an amp rack for the two amps I have running the sound system, with cup holders and phone chargers etc on the top.
My further plan is to move the rear seats back to where a third row would be if I had one and make it limo style in the rear.

It's an age thing,m I think.
I was sure I had read that swivels were your plan.
Apologies.

With 2 amps I guess you wont be back asking if we know where vibrations are coming from.

It's an age thing,m I think.
I was sure I had read that swivels were your plan.
Apologies.

With 2 amps I guess you wont be back asking if we know where vibrations are coming from.

It was originally, so you’re memory is still all good haha.
I change my mind more often than my socks, by next week I’ll be buying swivels no doubt.

Reactions: m80
I put a bed base in the previous Vito, that folds in 3 and then serves as a table. Swivels may have been useful for that, but the way it's designed I leave 2 rear captain seats in that are mounted to face rearwards, we can then use the table when sat.

The seats fold flat to give additional support to the unfolded bed when sleeping.

I'm adapting the Viano some to take that.

Sunday it was Mums wheelchair taxi, it can carry a max of 6 with the chair in.
Later today it'll be taking some building materials and returning with rubbish and timber.
Of course it has a tow bar for the boats.

It's a fairly versatile MPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom