• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Chris Harris on the end of Top Gear & Freddy Flintoff accident interview

Worth a watch, good old Chris Harris 👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've watched a countless number of Chris Harris videos multiple times but never an episode of him in Top Gear !

Love the guy, he's one of the very best there is.

It was only a matter of time before a serious accident/incident would happen on Top Gear. Goodness knows who was carrying out their risk assessments, but I’m glad it wasn’t me; flipping nightmare.

The article linked by @MikeInWimbledon says ‘high-speed’ accident, other articles suggest it was 20mph. Either way, landing on your head whilst wearing a car is always going to be a bit naughty to say the least.

Hopefully Freddie will continue to recover.

I hadn’t realised anything had been released on the nature of Fred’s accident.

I too can’t believe that the stunts were signed off. I don’t think many people really liked them either, so the risk probably never did justify the return.

I happened to bump into him a few years before this accident and was a thoroughly nice bloke and great with my kids.

I too can’t believe that the stunts were signed off. I don’t think many people really liked them either, so the risk probably never did justify the return.

I happened to bump into him a few years before this accident and was a thoroughly nice bloke and great with my kids.
Some of my former work colleagues spent quite a lot of time with Freddie back in 2010? They had nothing but good things to say about him. Didn’t meet him myself, but I’m sure what they said about him is on the money.

My wife has had half a lifetime in cricket, coaching a lot for Warks, played for MCC and so on. She even opened her home to KP when he was a young visiting professional so she knew him, Freddy and others in the England setup back then very well. She says "Andrew" is a lovely chap (along with the fact he's a real hunk 🙄). Anyway, she was doing her lvl 3 coaching up at Loughborough with a bunch of others when they all bumped into Mr Flintoff. He was just in his shorts but rushed over to hug my wife when he saw her, had a chat and then took the time to speak with all the coaching cohort.... that did wonders for her standing within the group as you can imagine and gives you a measure of the mans true character.

Chris Harris has gone up in my estimation after this interview.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw that on YouTube today and was checking to see if it had already been mentioned here. Excellent interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom