• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLA - Where's the fuses?

hybridder

Car
CLA 200 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe MHEV
Hello All,

Have just taken delivery of a new CLA 200 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe. Nice car but I can't find the fuses and want to fit a dash cam.

The handbook says there are fuseboxes under the bonnet, under the passenger or driver mat, and in the boot. But I can only locate the one under the bonnet, which probably isn't what I want for a permanent 12v (plus getting a cable through to it).

I'm guessing my model (MHEV with small extra battery in the boot) is different and missed out by the handbook.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hello All,

Have just taken delivery of a new CLA 200 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe. Nice car but I can't find the fuses and want to fit a dash cam.

The handbook says there are fuseboxes under the bonnet, under the passenger or driver mat, and in the boot. But I can only locate the one under the bonnet, which probably isn't what I want for a permanent 12v (plus getting a cable through to it).

I'm guessing my model (MHEV with small extra battery in the boot) is different and missed out by the handbook.

Any suggestions welcome.
Have you asked the dealer?

Need fuel type including the year ..you said new, but is it a new car , or new to you ?2014 2019 or 2024 model?
Yes, it's brand new and runs on petrol. Not entirely sure what the hybrid does but it's not for driving the wheels . . .

Have you asked the dealer?
Yep, visited them this morning. Had some other queries and decided not to waste time with them, based on my experience with M-B dealers and M-B itself.

LOL..... 😄

Ha Ha . . .

Have a read of this: -

How Does Mercedes-Benz Mild Hybrid Technology Work?​

There is really only one piece that you need to understand to know how the Mercedes-Benz mild hybrid system works. That is the ISG, or Integrated Starter Generator. This is integrated into the transmission and connects directly to the driveshaft. Engines equipped with an ISG actually won’t have a separate starter or alternator, as the ISG can perform both functions. It can start the engine, and provide a power boost when needed. And then while coasting or decelerating it can generate electricity that is stored in a battery, the only other major component of the mild hybrid system.

Now back to the fuse locations please

So you have just proved that it is driving the wheels!!.....like every Hybrid system.

"connects directly to the driveshaft." and to "provide a power boost when needed.".

Anyway....as you said BOT....and Ive no ideal where the fuses are!!!

Ha Ha . . .

Have a read of this: -

How Does Mercedes-Benz Mild Hybrid Technology Work?​

There is really only one piece that you need to understand to know how the Mercedes-Benz mild hybrid system works. That is the ISG, or Integrated Starter Generator. This is integrated into the transmission and connects directly to the driveshaft. Engines equipped with an ISG actually won’t have a separate starter or alternator, as the ISG can perform both functions. It can start the engine, and provide a power boost when needed. And then while coasting or decelerating it can generate electricity that is stored in a battery, the only other major component of the mild hybrid system.

Now back to the fuse locations please
not all are integrated SG. in the transmission. there are some that are BSG belt driven starter generators, coupled in the front like any other alternator .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom