clay bared rear panel and chrome surround

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Had water spots and milky white finish on the chrome trim and panel between roof and boot lid, used a clay bar mitt with demon shine as lube, has come up like new and smooth as glass, no before pics as I forgot to take one. Going to go over the area with clay bar mitt again tomorrow after washing it then will protect it with some wax and polish. very pleased for the few minutes it took to remove most of the water spots and milky finish off the chrome trim.

clay bared back.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's an aluminium pressing that's been anodised, so probably not chrome.

Keep it well waxed and it should last for another year or two, but once the milky dots appear, it's the beginning of the end, I'm afraid.

Looks like it's an aluminium pressing that's been anodised, so probably not chrome.

Keep it well waxed and it should last for another year or two, but once the milky dots appear, it's the beginning of the end, I'm afraid.

Mines was just starting to get milky could see small patches but with a bit of graft and time I've saved it. regular cleaning and carefully drying should keep it looking good., has been coated with starguard and gets regular top up with Auto Finesse Aqua Coat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom