Cleaning diesel crap from exhaust ends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Norman

Car
Cls 320cdi
Whats the best to get out sut from pipes manged to get some out but alot is caked on will come off if scratch it out but end up with small marks inside. Been trying to upload pic but having no luck

Try autosol on an old tooth brush

Reactions: GLK
Try autosol on an old tooth brush
Already done that got a fair bit out and let wd40 soak in and it still wont budge. Did the outer fine just the inner wish i never started on it now

Already done that got a fair bit out and let wd40 soak in and it still wont budge. Did the outer fine just the inner wish i never started on it now

Doesn't your car have a DPF anyway?

You need something closer to Tardis, to dissolve or dilute the bonding agents. Cleaning the inside isn't easy nor worth the effort.

You need something closer to Tardis, to dissolve or dilute the bonding agents. Cleaning the inside isn't easy nor worth the effort.
I know that now it just look daft with clean patches looks like a cow lol

Any pics?
On my phone gave up trying to put them up aftrr 3rd time saying file to big. It doesn't look to bad it's just i know it's there and it annoys me now will be scrubbing like a bugger when i get chance tge Mrs wasn't to chuffed me using a few scouring sponges lol

On my phone gave up trying to put them up aftrr 3rd time saying file to big. It doesn't look to bad it's just i know it's there and it annoys me now will be scrubbing like a bugger when i get chance tge Mrs wasn't to chuffed me using a few scouring sponges lol

Upload the image to Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload

Then copy and paste the ‘direct link’ into this forums image attachment option.

Perhaps wire wool and autosol?

I just use oven cleaner on mine, always does the job nicely. Just don’t get it on anything else.
My preferred method is mr muscle spay on stuff, applied when dry, left for 10 mins, attack with brush then pressure wash off.

1. Autosol
  2. Autosol + fine wool
  3. Gunk or equivalent
  4. Petrol
  5. Oven Cleaner
  6. T Cut
  7. Harpic x10
  8. Brasso Duraglit

They all work to varying degrees of success but a combination of the above will work best. Along with patience.

Items 2 and 8, one after the other, are my preference.

Whats the best to get out sut from pipes manged to get some out but alot is caked on will come off if scratch it out but end up with small marks inside. Been trying to upload pic but having no luck

Try some of the spray on oven cleaner ...... leave to soak in, then VERY FINE steel wool.
Be careful with the cleaner, it is vile stuff, keep away from paintwork, and try not to breath it in either !

Gary

Next step petrol harpic then oven cleaner. Will keep you posted on the success or lack of

Probably but not going down that route as knowing my luck the buggers won't go back on

Try using two stroke oil in the diesel fuel and you don`t get the black smoke or much crud out the back.
Pic of my converted rear box.

195939.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom