CLK 270 CDI intermittent cut out when using full throttle exactly at kick down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lostinthesticks

Car
CLK 270 2003
Hello, I'm new to the forum and hope someone has some advice on what I could try now. I have owned the car for around 13 years.

I have had the problem for 6+ months (I drive conservatively so may well have been there before) sometimes when using full throttle, when the engine is up to temperature, and at the moment of kick down, the engine cuts out, engine light on. Every time it starts back up on the key, after shifting to neutral, usually well before I have coasted to a stop.

I have done some work over the last 6 months around the fuel system (had the seals changed on the HP fuel pump (fixed the leak) changed fuel filter, changed plastic fuel lines (fixed intermittent non start) fitted Injector leak off repair kit (fixed leaks) Changed fuel pressure regulator - this was just guessing really.

I am now thinking the problem may well be completely unrelated to fuel, although most of the repairs were needed anyway. Any help much appreciated.

Time to get the codes read using MB STAR diagnostics before throwing any more money at it.
Exactly. Otherwise you are guessing.

That said, you likely have a high tail pressure or low rail pressure fault. If high, pressure regulator or quantity control valve fault.

If low, hp pump or injector failing due to high leak off

I have same problem! Did you solve it?

Have you changed the Quality control valve on the the high pressure pump?
And what is the freeze frame data for this code? Is the desired set point higher or lower than its trying to achieve?

But the engine ONLY turns off when the engine temperature its hot and i do full throttle. If engine its cold and i do full throttle everything its fine

But the engine ONLY turns off when the engine temperature its hot and i do full throttle. If engine its cold and i do full throttle everything its fine
See my edit above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom