CLK 350 Year 55 plate buying advice - Horse and Jockey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi

Need another favour - now I am looking at a CLK 350 - 55 Reg and would like to see the datacard to check what engine this is.

The registration is: AV55 MVL.

Here is the link to Autotrader:

Mercedes-Benz CLK 3.5 CLK350 Sport 7G-Tronic 2dr

Many thanks for any given.

Oh oh. 55 plate 350 will be a M272 and likely to be in the balance shaft issue range of serial numbers.

If someone with the appropriate access can post up the VIN, I or someone else will post up its datacard.

What's wrong with your CLK?
Nothing wrong at all, i don't like paying £520 road tax, just that i spotted a car i really liked and it sort of went from there, but i have decided that i will keep the CLK, sod the road tax.

My CLK280 is Band K £305 pa. It has 17 in wheels with 245 wide rear tyres.

For 2006 registrations the differentiator was wheel size - 17s were 224 gm, 18s 227 gm hence the uplift as band K is up to 225 gm.

For 2008 registrations it was rear tyre width, 245 - 224 gm Band K, 255 - 227 gm Band L.

I don't know if altering wheel/tyre sizes now would affect a cars current tax band.

Whatever, changing a car solely to save £215 pa is probably uneconomic. I use the tax band as one of the considerations only when changing cars for other reasons.

I don't know if altering wheel/tyre sizes now would affect a cars current tax band.

It doesn't. You could put a one-litre engine in a Bugatti Veyron, and the tax would stay the same.

My CLK280 is Band K £305 pa. It has 17 in wheels with 245 wide rear tyres.

For 2006 registrations the differentiator was wheel size - 17s were 224 gm, 18s 227 gm hence the uplift as band K is up to 225 gm.

For 2008 registrations it was rear tyre width, 245 - 224 gm Band K, 255 - 227 gm Band L.

Whatever, changing a car solely to save £215 pa is probably uneconomic. I use the tax band as one of the considerations only when changing cars for other reasons.

Not quite accurate regarding 2006 registration vehicles.

Those registered before the end of March 2006 are all K band regardless of the emissions values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom