CLS X218 Reversing Camera Malfunction (B21FF04) Internal Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whiteice.net

Car
C220
A diagnostic on my X218 has flagged an internal issue with the reversing camera B21FF04 and it recommends replacing the unit. I spoke to Merc and a replacement is £550+VAT and i presume plus coding ? So i tried to buy one from China (circa £50) but when i connect it into the car today and re scanned the fault code disappears but so does the B84/3 Backup Camera (RFK) - it suggests initialising the unit but that fails with a communications error. If i put the old one back i get the error codes.

Q: is the reason it is not displaying due it needing coding - i am not really sure what Xentry might say if it was changed and needed coding ? Would it recognise the unit and say it needed coding ? or do i need SCN coding capabilities to scan for the unit and then code ? or send back the Chinese unit ? Any advise greatly appreciated

if it needs coding any recommendations in the UK / Birmingham, Coventry, Banbury area ?

B84/3 is on the can bus (or LIN, can't remember exactly).

If it doesn't show up, it's because the module is not responding.

What unit did you buy to replace it?

If you unplug the module, it will disappear from the module list.

B84/3 is on the can bus (or LIN, can't remember exactly).

If it doesn't show up, it's because the module is not responding.

What unit did you buy to replace it?

If you unplug the module, it will disappear from the module list.
Thanks for responding, I bought a replacement from AliExpress looks like for like, same part numbers etc... but when i plug the new one in it just disappears from the module list - wasn't sure if it needing to be found e.g. scan and add new replacement part or if it should just appear when plugged in. The Merc manual seems to imply it should just initialise itself once plugged in and nothing about coding etc... so think it is just a faulty unit ? but that was the risk i took paying £40 instead of £550+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom