CLS350 Shooting Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, I don't visit Pistonheads, but I know they have a high profile For Sale section, so I guess that's why , to prevent circumnavigating the rules. That seems like a good price from what I've seen so far. My problem is I've become used to plenty of cargo space, having an S211 E class and an R class. I've owned both for a while and would like a change, but I'm worried how useful I would find the cargo space? Does yours have a sunroof?

Yes it has a sunroof.

I agonised over cargo space before I got it, debating between a "proper" estate and this. I took all the stuff I'd need to carry, and I have a 2 year old so it can be a lot. The honest answer is that yes, it's less space than an E Class, but not by much. Mainly, the difference is the boot opening shape rather than the size, and even though it's not like the E Class in that respect, I've not had any issues at all. We have a big pram and carry lots of stuff alongside and it's no problem. We also drive to Germany for a week at least and had no issue packing everything we needed to go. The sloping boot lid only rarely has an impact but I picked up a fully built Ikea besta unit the other day, with the seats down it slid in no issues and had space to spare.

Yes it has a sunroof.

I agonised over cargo space before I got it, debating between a "proper" estate and this. I took all the stuff I'd need to carry, and I have a 2 year old so it can be a lot. The honest answer is that yes, it's less space than an E Class, but not by much. Mainly, the difference is the boot opening shape rather than the size, and even though it's not like the E Class in that respect, I've not had any issues at all. We have a big pram and carry lots of stuff alongside and it's no problem. We also drive to Germany for a week at least and had no issue packing everything we needed to go. The sloping boot lid only rarely has an impact but I picked up a fully built Ikea besta unit the other day, with the seats down it slid in no issues and had space to spare.

Hmm, thanks for the reply. I haven't used the E class for several months, so wanted to give it a run, but if you could see what I'm going to try and fit in it this morning, you'd feel my dilemma, and I've realised I should have brought the R class! I'm close to the end of these kinds of trips, though, and the SB is firmly on the radar. I'd like to sell the E and R classes first, but I'm ready to pounce on the right car once I've decided if it's for me. In the meantime, good luck with your sale, which I'll be keeping an eye on.

no problem, I'm not desperate to sell, in fact if I sell early I would have to manage longer with sharing a car here. I'm looking to achieve close to 13k as even with the lacquer peel, a number of people have told me it's a good price for a car with this spec. I've spent a lot on it in the last year with the new wheels (genuine Mercedes) with Eagle Assy 5 tyres (nearly 2.5k in total), plus additional service work like gearbox oil changes etc that weren't necessary or due at the time, but I wanted it in top condition, so I think it's worth it. I also need to sell my other car to be able to get the CLS 63 I want so if the right buyer wants it, I will sell it, but no rush

That's my other dilemma, and why the diesel R class was meant to be a temporary measure, I'd miss the performance and smoothness of my E500 estate! Fancy a part ex as a palette cleanser (I'm joking, but it's Monday and I haven't set up my thought filters for the week)?!!

I'm not looking for a PX I'm afraid

Reactions: MD5
Car is now up for sale in the classifieds

Reactions: MD5
Lovely looking car. If I didn't have my 500SB, I'd be seriously tempted.

You really do have a lovely car. Fantastic spec, colour combo and seems a very fair price. Like the wheels too - rare to see these on a CLS

I didn't think it would be for sale for long - it looks lovely and tested my spontaneous streak!

I had a 200 mile trip in my S211 E500 estate plus a 780 litre roof box yesterday, which transported ALL of the contents you can see on the floor in the pic below (inc the garden table and chairs), so I'm not quite ready for a CLS SB at the moment, but I was sorely tempted.

Content.jpg

I can see the kitchen sink in there too, Mike! :p
It's not on the floor, so it doesn't count, Michael! You can't see half of what's there behind the items in the black bin liners! To put it into perspective, the kitchen is 18' wide!

I didn't think it would be for sale for long - it looks lovely and tested my spontaneous streak!

I had a 200 mile trip in my S211 E500 estate plus a 780 litre roof box yesterday, which transported ALL of the contents you can see on the floor in the pic below (inc the garden table and chairs), so I'm not quite ready for a CLS SB at the moment, but I was sorely tempted.

View attachment 102171
Yes it sold to a member here, I won’t reveal who unless they want to, just waiting for it to be collected when their funds are ready.

And that is a hell of a lot of stuff!

It's not on the floor, so it doesn't count, Michael! You can't see half of what's there behind the items in the black bin liners! To put it into perspective, the kitchen is 18' wide!

Don't sell! At least until an E Class day when it can keep mine company!

Thanks. A 500SB, that’s got to be a rare model?!
I think it's the only one in the country. Mercedes head office first owner and a beauty - a real wolf in sheep's clothing!

Delighted yours has sold so quickly. Not surprised. It's a cracker for someone.

Yes it sold to a member here, I won’t reveal who unless they want to, just waiting for it to be collected when their funds are ready.

And that is a hell of a lot of stuff!
Not surprised by that. Well done. Just need to find you a 63 now...

I'm thinking of taking it to Capesthorne Hall on the 27th, Michael.

That's my birthday... if it's September to which you refer? I'll look it up, it's passed me by.

EDIT: I don't see this happening as it's miles away and the family may not approve... I'm at Bicester the weekend after though!

Last edited:
Hi guys

been directed to this thread, I’m the one looking to swap my 350 SB for a 63, when budget allows but may be able to sell mine sooner if I can arrange to share 1 car with the wife or borrow my brother in laws spare car.
So specs are as follows

2013 13 Plate
63700 miles but will increase slightly before I sell
Cavansite Blue
Rear Cam
Exclusive Beige Nappa Leather
Blind Spot Assist
Lane Keep Assist (Passive)
Parktronic
LED Multifunction Headlights
Multicontour Seat Package
Ventilated Front Seats
Traffic Sign Assist
Microfibre Headliner
3 Zone Climate
Harmon Kardon
TV Tuner
Split View Display
Exclusive Package
Air Suspension Airmatic all round

I have also added a CarPlay box for wireless CarPlay that is seamlessly integrated into the OEM system. However, this box does not support the Split View display so I have fitted a non split view display to allow CarPlay use (I prefer this to the split view which although very cool, would hardly ever be used). However I can switch it back no problem and will include the other monitor in the sale anyway.

Condition wise, it's generally good. Wheels are almost brand new as I replaced the whole set and tyres less than 9 months ago because the ones that came with it were buckled, and they are unmarked. Bodywork has usual age related marks and the only thing of note is that on the rear quarter under the fuel cap, I left some bird droppings on there too long and it unfortunately peeled the lacquer. I am considering whether to get that done and have had a couple prices of around £250 so I will factorthat into any sale price
Internally, everything is as good as you would expect from a 2013 car, the nappa leather holds up really well so it almost looks new in a lot of places and even the drivers seat is not what I'd consider worn, and I'm picky about that stuff. It's always treated with Dr. Leather to remove any stains or transfer from jeans etc

It has also been remapped by MSL a few months ago. It flies now, drives lovely at cruising speeds but flies when you want it to.

please search the forums for the MSL specs as I’m on my phone and can’t find them now, plus feel free to look at my old threads for any details on what I’ve done/maintained.

in terms of asking price, this isn’t a sale thread so not sure if I can put one on but equally I’m not 100% sure what to list it as. Prices seem To have help up well so I’m not going to take peanuts for it but equally will give forum members a good deal hopefully.
Any questions let me know, I’m out and about but will respond ASAP when I can.

If anyone wants the VIN I can PM for you to do a Vin decode as there may be specs that I’ve forgotten.
FYI - I purchased this car in September, sadly my job has changed and forces me down a 1 car solution so will be putting this up for sale if anyone is interested, I can't post in the for sale section yet (hope I'm not breaking any forum rules)

Can't believe you're selling already! I have a new 5 series touring otherwise I would have seriously considered buying it back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom