Code reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marquisofraspberry

Car
C270 cdi Estate 2002, C220 cdi Estate 2004
Can anyone recommend a cheap code reader that will be compatible with my old C270 cdi 2002. Thanks in advance.

What do you want to read? Just OBD codes or more manufacturer specific codes?

The search function on the Forum will almost certainly give you lots of information, if it is just OBD then the "Torque" App works well and you can use a cheap Bluetooth OBD reader to transmit data back to your mobile phone.

how cheap is cheap? You can pick up a used icarsoft i980 for around £60-£80. Decent bit of kit too.

I've got the SRS light lit for the last few days and need to find what's causing it. The car is nearly 19 years old and I don't want to send a fortune on it, especially as there are many other electrical gremlins creeping in, such as the heating doing it's own thing the dash flashes up warnings for alsorts. £60 ish quid won't break the bank as long as the reader does the job.

I've got the SRS light lit for the last few days and need to find what's causing it. The car is nearly 19 years old and I don't want to send a fortune on it, especially as there are many other electrical gremlins creeping in, such as the heating doing it's own thing the dash flashes up warnings for alsorts. £60 ish quid won't break the bank as long as the reader does the job.
You’ll need an MB specific reader to reset SRS I think. The Icarsoft i980 will do the job.

A mate of mine has lent me his odb11 elm327 dongle, I've downloaded infocar and car scanner, both show basic stuff but neither will show any fault codes. Has anyone got any app recommendations that will allow codes to be read.

A mate of mine has lent me his odb11 elm327 dongle, I've downloaded infocar and car scanner, both show basic stuff but neither will show any fault codes. Has anyone got any app recommendations that will allow codes to be read.
With those cheap dongles you will will only ever to read basic ECU codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom