• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Comand in a 2017 E Class

paul3408

Hi All,

I was hopping someone could help me understand a few things.
I've had a 2007 c class and a 2012 e class both with command, in these two cars I could save a number of address, but in my 2017 e class I can only save 10 or so under favourite's.
also in my other cars the command would announce traffic jams ahead where in my car I only get approaching end of tail back.
When using the Mercedes me app the address sometimes doesn't get sent to the command, but then the next day they all come in one after another ?
Last one, has anyone or is it possible to fit the factory eclectic folding tow bar.

Thanks for any help
Paul

I also have a 2017 e class. Sadly I haven't had any previous experience of earlier versions of Comand but I am told they are 10 times better than this version. In fact I think my very first sat nav had more functionality 10 years ago.

The system is powered by Becker and they are really not up to the job. I had a 2012 c-class previously with Becker Map Pilot and while that was better in the sense that you could store favourites, add speed cameras, and get traffic warnings, this (Comand) version doesn't have any of that. It is however still just as slow, has maps that are at least a year out of date (even the latest), and speed limits that are incorrect. In fact, it's a dog!

Such a shame really because I like the car but it gets me so frustrated when I use it that it's making me want to change it. Anyone interested in a 2017 e-class amg line premium plus?

As for sending addresses to Comand....not sure what you mean by this. I didn't know this was a feature, but then I haven't managed to read through all the 'elf and safety' stuff in the manual. How do you do this?

You have to download the Mercedes me app and then register. You can then lock and unlock you car tracking is also available. Plus send address from your pc or phone to the sat Mac so when you get in your car the address should be there ( nice when it works )

Ah yes. Thanks for the hint. I've had the app since I got the car but I never knew I could send an address to it. Just figured out how to do that now.

I certainly didn't read about that function anywhere - maybe I need to rtfm :-)

Just realised that there is a rather clunky way to save locations that I use. You might find it useful.

Basically you select your destination in the sat nav and click 'go'. When it has calculated the route you cancel the navigation and program the next destination. The destinations that you have previously set (and cancelled) can be found in the 'Previous Destinations' option. Unfortunately you can't give them useful names, like 'Fred's house', but at least it remembers them.

As an aside I just tried to navigate a route to Chillington in Devon. I keyed in (painfully) Chillington and it came up with a list of about 20 places - Chillington Avenue, Place, Street etc, but no entry for Chillington itself. I had to (again painfully) navigate using the map and select my destination that way, and of course, it knew right away it was Chillington. I've had this happen a few times now. Most frustrating.

Anyhow, I decided to try it on my (4 year old) Tom Tom. When it eventually burst into life I keyed in Chillington, and lo and behold, there it was, 2nd entry down.

I'm so glad I've got a modern, expensive, up to date, Sat Nav in my car!!

Just realised that there is a rather clunky way to save locations that I use. You might find it useful.

Basically you select your destination in the sat nav and click 'go'. When it has calculated the route you cancel the navigation and program the next destination. The destinations that you have previously set (and cancelled) can be found in the 'Previous Destinations' option. Unfortunately you can't give them useful names, like 'Fred's house', but at least it remembers them.

As an aside I just tried to navigate a route to Chillington in Devon. I keyed in (painfully) Chillington and it came up with a list of about 20 places - Chillington Avenue, Place, Street etc, but no entry for Chillington itself. I had to (again painfully) navigate using the map and select my destination that way, and of course, it knew right away it was Chillington. I've had this happen a few times now. Most frustrating.

Anyhow, I decided to try it on my (4 year old) Tom Tom. When it eventually burst into life I keyed in Chillington, and lo and behold, there it was, 2nd entry down.

I'm so glad I've got a modern, expensive, up to date, Sat Nav in my car!!

I have started using my iPhone as a sat nav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom