• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Correct Wiper Blades?

DreamCar

Need front and rear wiper blades. GSF and ECP coming up with multiple options which other websites say are not correct fit. 2003 E270 CDI estate, any ideas exactly what I need please? Had a look at the wiper but can't see a code just Bosch logo.

Need front and rear wiper blades. GSF and ECP coming up with multiple options which other websites say are not correct fit. 2003 E270 CDI estate, any ideas exactly what I need please? Had a look at the wiper but can't see a code just Bosch logo.
Look at the fitting style to wiper arm and buy accordingly.

MB always used SVF brand for wiper blades, these are the best.

I recently fitted:
Bosch Aerotwin Flat Wiper Blade Set
for my E280 cdi Sports Estate.
Previous Valeo wiper set were juddery, and did not clean the screen well.
18 months on, I'm still delighted with them.
Not the cheapest
BUT
Best I've ever had.
Bought them from ECP.

MB always used SVF brand for wiper blades
Do you mean, "SWF"? I ask because my 124 has a Bosch wiper setup. Some are fitted with an SWF setup. And, strangely, some of the parts are not interchangeable. I found this out when we were rapairing my setup with parts selected from about 20 124s in my chum's field.

RayH

Do you mean, "SWF"? I ask because my 124 has a Bosch wiper setup. Some are fitted with an SWF setup. And, strangely, some of the parts are not interchangeable. I found this out when we were rapairing my setup with parts selected from about 20 124s in my chum's field.

RayH

Yes, that's more accurate I ment to write SWF 👍

Genuine MB W124 wipers are made by SWF which is owned by Valeo

Genuine MB W124 wipers are made by SWF which is owned by Valeo

Ugggggh that's no good, Valeo 's such a B-grade parts company
Do you think they still keep the same top quality on SWF wipers or re-brand Valeo wipers as SWF?

Ugggggh that's no good, Valeo 's such a B-grade parts company
Do you think they still keep the same top quality on SWF wipers or re-brand Valeo wipers as SWF?
Valeo is a major supplier and they probably manufacture products for all budgets under different brand names. Products they supply to Mercedes must meet Mercedes quality standards. Therefore, if you purchase your wipers from MB you should be fine. If you get the equivalent wiper in SWF or Valeo boxes you are likely to get the same product but that is not guaranteed because these are not sold in a MB box and do not have to meet MB standards.

Valeo is a major supplier and they probably manufacture products for all budgets under different brand names. Products they supply to Mercedes must meet Mercedes quality standards. Therefore, if you purchase your wipers from MB you should be fine. If you get the equivalent wiper in SWF or Valeo boxes you are likely to get the same product but that is not guaranteed because these are not sold in a MB box and do not have to meet MB standards.

valeo radiators were really great on w203 and w209 AMG cars, they had some special quality materials why they broke down.
I would stay away from valeo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom