• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

dashboard cleaner

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
what does everyone use to clean the dashboards,dont want a shiny effect just the clean new car look,tried armourall to shiny and greasy

cheers all

I use pledge anti static wipes and nothing else. Would only dare to use a damp wet cloth apart from that.....

I use F1 Williams trim cleaner that I bought from Halfords. It gives a good clean matt finish, but read the bottle! I think that they sell a shiny version as well.

absolutley nothing to beat Decosol vinyl and leather cleaner. Dries matt, or should I say 'natural' ie it doesnt adda shine like many others

best cleaner for me, removes all sorts especially ingrained dirt on vinyl door handles etc - even great for exterior black trim like my daughters VW door strips

advice line 0800 590425 from the bottle, 300 ml £3.50

I use baby wipes, leave a clean and not shiny look .. works a treat on leather as well.

Mercman,

Try wiping the dash down with a clean damp cloth now. If it is covered in Armourall at present, you will be left with a nice "satin" finish afterwards ;)

Good Luck,

Will

Try these if you can get them. 'Cotton Tree' 'Travel Wipes'. They are made by a firm called simply '151'. I came across them in one of our local Pound Shops and yes, they cost a pound, for about 50, and come in a pink and blue packet. The benefit is they foam just enough to clean things but dry without any watermarks and take any shiny ness back to matt, or semi-matt, or what ever the original finish was. If you think they over-foam just dry it off a bit with a dark cotton towel. They are veeeery good.

I did the Diamondbrite treatment on mine. Looks good :D

Portzy - and current R171 owners - be interesting to see what you come up with to keep that new finish on the interior clean. I'm not sure MB have thought of that one. :crazy: :p

pammy said:
I did the Diamondbrite treatment on mine. Looks good :D

Portzy - and current R171 owners - be interesting to see what you come up with to keep that new finish on the interior clean. I'm not sure MB have thought of that one. :crazy: :p

Well, I must admit I never let the 'innards of my present one get all that 'acky so I think the wipes will still be OK but, I have one of those dumpy little vacs with a crevice tool on the end and use, of all things, a lady's powder brush, a big chunky type which I bought from Boots (the brush, not the lady!). The brush and the vac combination gets everything out of the nooks, crannies, and vents. The neighbours used to look at me funny but they just walk past me now shaking their heads :o

I did my dash with Armourall, now gleams like the dash on my wifes Tigra - Help how do I get it off!

Wipe it over with a damp leather, that should get rid of the boy racer shine. Infact thats how i clean my dash. After i have leathered the car down i always give the dash a quick wipe over with the leather. I then hoover the car out with the dyson and use the brush attachment to get into the vents and all the nooks and cranies on the dashboard.

A couple of snails went all over my car interior while I was storing some car parts in it and they have left a pretty, crazed-effect all over the dash. I either need to wipe it off with a damp sponge/cloth OR get them to completely slime the dash so it's ALL shiny ;) .

I always use a damp clean cloth soaked regularly in warm bucket of water to be rinsed and empty the bucket and refill to get rid of dirt when over to the other half of the interior. I’ve got orion grey twin leather and the a cloth soaked in warm water does the job great.

Flash

I just use plain water (and a cotton cloth of course)
the stuff I normally clean off is just dust.

Anything more stubborn and I use Autoglym car shampoo.

Easiest thing I have found to use is Windex or similar - degreasant, smells OK and dries off almost instantly without any residue. Also good for removing any water spots on the paint / grill missed after washing and, the inside of the windscreen of course....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom