• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dashcam option

Benz231

Car
GLB 200D executive
I collected my new car one month ago and I am looking to get a dashcam. I noticed the integrated camera under the rear view mirror however I don't have an option for the dashcam app? It's a 200D GLB executive. Is this something the dealer can sort or is the camera just there with no use for it? If so does anyone have a recommendation for a dash cam? Cheers

I collected my new car one month ago and I am looking to get a dashcam. I noticed the integrated camera under the rear view mirror however I don't have an option for the dashcam app? It's a 200D GLB executive. Is this something the dealer can sort or is the camera just there with no use for it? If so does anyone have a recommendation for a dash cam? Cheers
Have you checked here?
https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb/connect/pdp/dashcam/608

I think you need the Augmented Reality Option to get the ability to use the cars camera to record trips, I have the option on mine but if you buy the Dashcam option and record to USB it disables the ability to use the other USB ports.

Robin

I fitted a Garmin 55 dashcam to my GLB, cheaper than the MB option plus it starts automatically and has speed camera alerts. It's also quite a small unit.

I fitted a Garmin 55 dashcam to my GLB, cheaper than the MB option plus it starts automatically and has speed camera alerts. It's also quite a small unit.

Does the integrated MB dashcam not start automatically in the UK (if selected from the corresponding menu)? I just learned the auto-start availability is country specific. Quite odd that auto-start is not available for all.

After reading lots about the Mercedes one I don't feel like I'm missing out. I've ordered a nextbase smart one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom