• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Do dealerships give gifts?

Keyrings, I’ve got a lot of keyrings…

Local dealership have a great cafe, cold drinks, nice tea, coffee, cake, ice cream the 10 year old loves it 🤣

But never got my hands on any glass cabinet wares as of yet, there’s time 👍

I got 2 keyrings which you sort of expect, and an AMG umbrella at collection. Couple of months later I got a £25 M&S gift card through the post which I wasn't expecting.

The giving of (apparently free) gifts having spent thousands of pounds smacks of patronisation. As tacky as the plastic flowers or sets of mugs that petrol stations gave away.

The giving of (apparently free) gifts having spent thousands of pounds smacks of patronisation. As tacky as the plastic flowers or sets of mugs that petrol stations gave away.

Yep, I'd rather have the discount on the car.

Wife got a fantastic bouquet of flowers and I got a golf umbrella when we bought ours from merc in Stourbridge.

I bought a new car, BMW gave me a golf bag and a pen/pencil set.
Just wondering if Mercedes give you anything when you purchase a new car?

In my country when customer buys at MB dealership the only gift we get is steep prices on parts and vehicles.
Red in the newspaper recently the owner of Swedish MB dealership Hedin Group is the no.1 king of car dealers in Europe.
I would say this dude is the no.1 of w@nkers. :eek:
Most owners of MB avoids this dealership like plague.

Hedin Group is now showing interests in UK dealership Pendragon.
Now I understand why it's so expensive buying genuine parts. 💩 It costs money buying dealerships abroad. 💩
💩💩:eek:

Back before anyone cared about sexual equality.....we always used to give a bunch of good quality flowers for a lady or a bottle of scotch or cigars for the man...(depending if he smoked or not).....upon collection of the new Audi or VW. When I first started selling it was not unusual for the customer to celebrate a freshly taken order by smoking a big fat cigar in the showroom ....with the salesman!.....not me as I've never smoked....but I used to let the customer. How times have changed!

Yep, I'd rather have the discount on the car.
Forgot to mention I 'use' MD dealerships as cafe's, popping in for the free coffee & biscuits & until Covid a read of newspapers & magazines, all whilst lounging in leather. I do however try to park the Mercedes where it can be seen. As is the usual case & thankfully I'm ignored by salespersons, but should I be approached I state I'm just browsing. If questioned further by the pushy type anxious to 'qualify me' I firmly state I'll seek him/her out IF I need help & resume reading/drinking. Great fun when it's obvious I'm taking the piss & there's nothing he/she can say. My way of getting back at being ripped off.

We got nice gifts for both MBs that I purchased when living in Australia. When I collected the SLK there was a $100 gift voucher, champagne & flowers - later on a MB experience day at a race track and after that a golf day (which I declined). In contrast, I’d purchased a Land Cruiser 200 (A$ 80k in 2009) from Toyota before the SLK and they gave me nothing.

When we got my wifes B in 2015 (here) they told her to select anything she wanted from the display cases & a full tank. When I got my SL it was a bunch of flowers for my wife & attitude for me (they had a tough deal with me).

I have never once received a gift from Mercedes, they are your best mates until you pay the invoice.

Nope. I’ve bought two new Mercs, both factory ordered through the dealer, and received nothing. Different dealers, both just pointed us to them in the car parks when we went to pick them up.
First one, a C class coupe, fortunately I noticed before I drove off that they’d made a typo on the reg plates - they were annoyed at me for spotting that and making them give me correct reg plates.
The second one, a £43k GLC, to be fair they gave us one dealership key ring (the second key had some plastic factory tag on it which we had to cut off and find our own key ring to put on it).

From the local dealership, I received a keyring,memory stick,and a umbrella.

Wife got a fantastic bouquet of flowers and I got a golf umbrella when we bought ours from merc in Stourbridge.
Same here, but they gave us a £200 certificate from a new partner - MyExpressFlowers instead of the bouquet. It's better than nothing anyway, we are very grateful to them.
I'd rather have the discount on the car for sure
Cheers!

Last edited:
I got a Mercedes’ Benz wireless noise cancelling headphones and iPad holder

I've never had anything given to me when buying, apart from an invoice.
Indeed, a couple of places I've bought from were so tight there was barely enough fuel in the tank to get off the forecourt.

I've never had anything given to me when buying, apart from an invoice.
Indeed, a couple of places I've bought from were so tight there was barely enough fuel in the tank to get off the forecourt.
That sound like one of the dealer I purchased from. Fuel was so low I had to pop into the petrol station on a 27mile drive home. I will never use dealer again as their service was so poor they missed an obvious scratch. No post purchase follow up call either. Anyway, I’m back with my usual dealer now.

I had a Mercedes branded paper napkin left in the car after a service once.

I have a collection of keyrings and invoices! All on approved used, not new.
The other half had a bottle of champagne once as I called ahead to tell them it was her birthday on the day of picking up the car, nice touch.
Other than that I'd rather negotiate a discount (which I'm currently failing at for my next purchase) rather than gifts that are likely to sit in a drawer somewhere.
I once picked up a new (to me) approved used with the fuel light on and after they did the 'ta-da showing off the car under the cloth' thing in the showroom told them they were being cheap skates by handing over a car with the fuel light on so they went and put enough in to turn the light off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom