• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

dont drive your tesla in the rain

Apparently the damage was terminal.

There are many positive associated with positive ownership, but there are just as many negatives.

Apparently the damage was terminal.

There are many positive associated with positive ownership, but there are just as many negatives.
Crikey, I wish I had read that back!

There are many positives associated with EV ownership, but then there are just as many negatives.

Heard at the Daily Mail editor's office:

Editor: "Well chaps, what breaking news have you got for me today?"

Reporter: 1 "I have prepared an article about the rear subframe corrosion fiasco. It turns out that MB knew about it for years and never issued a formal recall. They will only replace them once they fail, in spite of the fact that it's a critical safety issue"

Editor: "Boring. Anyone has anything else?"

Reporter 2: "There's the MB AdBlue scandal. A complex system that can easily go wrong and leave drivers stranded at the roadside. Very difficult to diagnose issues, and very expensive to repair. Some motorists resorted to deleting it altogether"

Editor: "Get real, no one wants to read about smokey Diesels. Electric is sexy. Diesel is passé."

Reporter 3: "Well I guess that rules out the Dieselgate software update calamity, as well as the very expensive NOx sensors and the availability issues?"

Editor: "Right you are!"

Reporter 4: "I read on an in Internet forum that a Tesla....."

Editor: "Stop press! We'll print that one."

It's perhaps fortunate that many EV vehicles are SUV derived with greater ground clearance!!! ;)My guess would be since the owner did not suffer immediate failure according to his report, that the ingress of water caused some massive electrical shorts which in a very short space of time sitting immobile would have completely flattened the battery leaving it completely without charge----this is a situation that must be avoided at all costs due to irreversible changes in the battery cell chemistry- hence writing it off?? :dk:
You're right overall, but most EV's aren't SUV derived. They're more upright to give them space for batteries in the floor, but these aren't Sports Utility Vehicles. Take them onto a muddy field like Goodwood and they'll struggle.

Until the Tesla 3 came along, the Nissan Leaf was the UK's top seller, then came the boring saloon which is the 3.

The Y has taken over from the 3 as the best selling EV, for sure, but it's still on that same saloon platform, it's just got high seats and roof, it's nothing to challenge a BMW X3.

So much for a Mercedes-Benz being an accomplished long distance cruiser.
Well done, Mister Derek !

boom boom.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom