Don't know why i did it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really?

I think I will respond to any post I wish.

As for "all" you may have failed to notice that several longstanding members agreed with me.

I can explain it to you but cannot understand it for you 👍
Do what you want

Just also be aware that the Glasgow LEZ starts in a few weeks so if your 220cdi isn`t Euro 6 then its going to get expensive if you drive into the city centre regularly.

K

Round 2 same as the first, a little bit louder and a little bit worse! 🤣🤣

Case in point, I have a C63, £695 a year tax based on emissions. I also have a diesel Astra, £35 for a year.

I can drive into the Bristol and Birmingham clean air zones for free in the C63, but I have to pay near £10 a day in the Astra :dk: makes zero sense
It does make sense....well a bit. The RFL is based purely on carbon output......for which dervs are pretty low....so my derv is "only" £180 per annum. But ULEZ is particulate based where my derv is bad...it's only Euro 5..... and will cost me about £16 per day to drive my car in that there Londinium!

It does make sense....well a bit. The RFL is based purely on carbon output......for which dervs are pretty low....so my derv is "only" £180 per annum. But ULEZ is particulate based where my derv is bad...it's only Euro 5..... and will cost me about £16 per day to drive my car in that there Londinium!
Why isn’t the RFL based on particulates, at least then we’ll have some sort of consistency.

Or does that not bring in the bucks?

Its all a way of getting more revenue! If my current car was another 4 months older, it would fall into the 'premium' road fund bracket (being over £40k at birth, and therefore another £325 tax for the next 5 years!) Luckily, I managed to source a 2017 E300 with 16k on the clock ,annual tax £240!

I know, I wouldn't bother so much but as you say if diesels are meant to be "low" why is this old nail of a 2.2 nearly £400

Why isn’t the RFL based on particulates, at least then we’ll have some sort of consistency.

Or does that not bring in the bucks?
Because RFT charges are about climate change.....derv particulates are dirty and affect the wheezers.....but don't have any effect on the the climate and diesels have lower carbon emissions. ULEZ is all about clean air and nothing to do with global warming....thats why a 6.2l V8 E63 212 doing 20mpg is ULEZ qualifying...and my 50 mpg derv isn't!!! Stoopid!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom