• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Don't you just hate rattles

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
The annoying loud rattles that you just can't locate. I've got one coming from around the passenger seat area but can't for the life of me find out where it's coming from. I've pressed and prodded every bit of trim around the car to no avail. Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh !!!

culpano said:
The annoying loud rattles that you just can't locate. I've got one coming from around the passenger seat area but can't for the life of me find out where it's coming from. I've pressed and prodded every bit of trim around the car to no avail. Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh !!!

Have you tried the adjusting knob which tilts the front of the seat for thigh support, I found when mine was at it's lowest adjustment with no one sat in the seat, the seat rattles, moved knob a few turns up and away the noise went.

Good point. My missus' seat is in the lowest position and come to think of it there is no rattle when she sits in it. Plenty of other daft noises though :D

There is a dull moaning noise that comes from my passenger seat when the girlfriend is sitting it it , doesn't do it with anyone else though :confused: ;)

Howard said:
There is a dull moaning noise that comes from my passenger seat when the girlfriend is sitting it it , doesn't do it with anyone else though :confused: ;)
Is there a periodic tut or two as well? ;)

rattling noises are really one of the most boring thing, I really can't suffer.

Mine is a W202, but may help you in any case.
Check also the B pillar below the upper fast belt trim, I've had a rattle coming from there (I added some foam rubber to solve the problem). I've had also a rattling from the cabin fun, in the W202 passenger footwell area, is the fun itself that sometimes rattle passing over potholes.

Hi

1998K said:
Check also the B pillar below the upper fast belt trim, I've had a rattle coming from there

Yup I had one coming from there also....

Culpano - if the rattle only happens when someone isn't sitting in it then also check the headrest - I had a really annoying rattle from mine!!

splang said:
Culpano - if the rattle only happens when someone isn't sitting in it then also check the headrest - I had a really annoying rattle from mine!!

Cheers. Also what's an uper belt fast trim ?

culpano said:
Cheers. Also what's an uper belt fast trim ?

Well on mine the bit that was rattling was the part that went from the floot about half way up the pillar. The bit that covers the bottom bit of the seatbelt (I think this is a situation where a picture would help but I am at work!)

del320 said:
124s don't rattle ;)

Hmmmmmm - very true !! that's because they are built to last from quality components........ ;)

In the event of a nuclear war, all that will be left will be amoebas, scorpions and W124's :D

Howard said:
Hmmmmmm - very true !! that's because they are built to last from quality components........ ;)

In the event of a nuclear war, all that will be left will be amoebas, scorpions and W124's :D

;) Mah Man! :D

Mambo said:
Well on mine the bit that was rattling was the part that went from the floot about half way up the pillar. The bit that covers the bottom bit of the seatbelt (I think this is a situation where a picture would help but I am at work!)

Yep I'm with you. Cheers. I think it is coming from there. I'm taking my motor back to the stealership tomorrow to sort out the window rattling inside the frame. Bet they say they fixed it and it still rattles.

Howard said:

also rats may be :D

W124 is really still so nice. :bannana:

culpano said:

This wont help you I am afraid but may well make U laugh :)

Yesterday - driving back down the M4 to London kept getting an annoying rattle from what sounded like the centre console. It happened itermitently and each time it happened If I touched anything on the centre console it stopped!

This was getting V frustrating and I hadn't heard it before - had my mother in the car so radio was turned down low so I may not have noticed it before.

After half an hour of trying to source this rattle I finaly found it.

When my left hand was on the Steering wheel the vibration was causing my watch strap to rattle! Each time I used my left hand to try and stop the rattle that sounded like it was from the centre console it, of course, stopped since it was no longer on the steering wheel.

I am SO SO glad I didnt take it to MB complaining of a rattle :rolleyes:

Sorry it doesnt help but I thought I would share my stupidity with you all :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom